The FA Cup

Discussion in 'Football / Soccer' started by English-Emo-Boy, Mar 8, 2009.

1. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

The worlds greatest knock-out competition has reached the semi-final stage.

Arsenal/Hull V Chelsea
    Manchester United V Everton

It's a terrific draw fro United. Dodging both Arsenal and Chelsea is great news.

What's everyone else's reaction to the draw?

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

As if Manchester United needed any help. I'll be surprised if they don't win it. I'm just hoping Arsenal can make it to the final.

3. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Chelsea/Arsenal vs Manchester United in the final. Bookmark it.

4. English-Emo-Boy

Yeah I'd say Chelsea V United final.

It's destined.

Hopefully we can repay them for that final defeat two years ago.

5. Danno

Danno Registered Member

Don't be Surprised to see a Hull vs United final...it is the F.A Cup.

6. English-Emo-Boy

Chelsea made the final today after beating Arsenal 2-1 at Wembley.

Man United have the chance to avenge their 2007 final hearthache to Chelsea if they can dispatch Everton tomorrow. I've heard Ferguson is picking a half string team, should be a decent game.

7. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeah, I doubt that SFA will play the full string team as they need a rest since winning in Porto.

8. English-Emo-Boy

It will be Chelsea V Everton for this years FA Cup Final after the Toffee's defeated Man United on penalties in today's cup semi-final at Wembley.

Ferguson decided to field a weakened team and ultimately we were punished.

United hit some poor penalties, particularly Berbatov who adopted his usual slack and lazy style.

Congrats go to Everton for hanging in there and more than holding their own.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The FA Cup semifinal doesn't seem like a good time to rest your best players. I guess the top clubs just don't care about the FA Cup anymore?

10. KLL76

KLL76 Registered Member

I think fergie does care thats why he rested his top players. I think in the scheme of things he would rather win the league and the champions league as they prob mean more to him. Also he put out a very young team, I never expected them to win but to be honest It was great to see what is coming up through the ranks. The reason why Man U are a good team is because Fergie will take these sort of risks. Sometimes they pay off and some times they dont.
    I am pleased with the way the little one played yesterday. They showed eagerness but lacked in quality. But this will come with time. How else are the youngters ever going to learn. and by putting them all in a very impressive surroundings and important game, is it not the best way to learn?
    Plus it helps fergie to see how they get on in a proper game.