The Exchange Of Spirit Thread

Discussion in 'Cards & Board Games' started by lavoidgaskins, Sep 14, 2006.

1. lavoidgaskins

lavoidgaskins Registered Member

Me and Merchant go way back.

It's really sad that we didn't get this card untill it was pointless. By the time we got it it was already coming to us restricted. Painful Choice was also banned as well. Oh and for kicks might I add that it came in the middle of a format where it really didn't matter.

Maybe one day it'll be up lifted off the banned list and then may be just may be we'll be able to try it again.

2. Scyanyde666

Scyanyde666 Guest

As far as EotS coming off the banned list I highly doubt that...we all know how UDE gets all stingy with OTKs milling about...but then again the creator ov the card game doesn't like the fact that some ov his cards are banned so we may EVENTUALLY get this back at some point as well as Chaos Dragon and Yata...ugh...

I ran this deck (the 5 monster build, not the Merchant one) way back in the OCG days when we still had the Trinity format...by then we still had 2x Makyura running around so the OTK was uber easy to pull off on 1st turn...but now all that is just a thing ov the past...

3. lavoidgaskins

Oh sh!t welcome back Fonz. Who would have thought you would have listened to my message on myspace.

Moving on I's have to say in a time like this Exchange wouldn't hurt. As along as Yata and the Dragon don't coem back any tiem soon. Maybe in 10 or so years when the game has completly evolved. But untill then I'd have to say no.

4. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

by far one of the best OCG EotS builds was done by fonz. it was fun losing to it because of how many ways he could get the OTK.

As for yata and chaos dragon, i hope its later than sooner that they return. yata/chaos was just over abused.

5. Scyanyde666

Scyanyde666 Guest

well as far as the EotS deck is concerned I'm revamping it for traditional format only...just won't be as powerful as the OCG version cause we don't have Remains ov Yatagarasu and Magic Shard Excavation...

6. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

both key in a EotS deck. imagine when TCG does get Magic Shard Excavation. Big Eye and Diamond Dude abuse anyone.

7. lavoidgaskins

You feel every thing is over abused. For that matter you think every thing is abused. Seriously just play some thign else and breake every one off the "abused" cards and every thing should be fine.

8. Turbo

Turbo Registered Member

my use of "abused" is meant strictly as "everyone has/will use it because it's guaranteed".

on topic, EotS should perhaps be thought of un-banning next list. it's a unique win condition that isn't always gonna win, but can have a high win rate if built correctly.