The end of the Maple Leaf?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Team Canada may be forced to play without its familiar Maple Leaf logo at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, the victim of an International Olympic Committee rule that is only now being enforced.

The IOC regulation forbids sport federations from displaying their logos on uniforms at the Olympics, which includes Hockey Canada's trademark Maple Leaf with a hockey player. Hockey Canada says it has been able to get around the rule in the past by having the Canadian Olympic Committee sign an exemption from Games uniform regulations.

But the COC says times have changed. The IOC strictly enforced its rules at the recent Beijing Games — notably with the Brazilian and Argentine soccer teams — and is expected to do the same in Vancouver.
globesports.com: The end of the Maple Leaf?

This doesnt really make sense to me, I mean why all the sudden is this oddball rule having the dust blown off of it?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This doesn't make sense either, but it doesn't really matter at the end. We have the best team, and where probably going to win another Gold Medal. But I agree this is so stupid.