Movies The End Credits Dash

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by DLFerguson, May 6, 2008.

1. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I admit I'm anal when it comes to my movie going experience. I get there before the trailers so that I can get a good seat. And I don't leave until the end credits are over and the lights have come back up. I dunno, for me the movie isn't over until I've seen the end credits.

However in the last couple of years I notice that a lot of people make a mad dash for the exit as soon as the end credits start rolling as if somebody just dropped a vial of Ebola Virus in the theater.

Do you stay until the end credits are over or are you a mad dasher?

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I stay until the end of the credits. Remember when Ferris Beuller vindicated those of us who stay?

3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I stay mainly because movie makers love leaving extra tidbits at the end of their flicks these days.

4. DLFerguson

My theory is that they do it deliberately. I got a whole buncha phone calls and emails from friends/family yelling at me how come I didn't tell them to stay after the end credits of IRON MAN:)You see more and more movies having those extra scenes after the credits these days.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I leave as soon as it ends because I usually need to empty my bladder by that time.

6. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

I always stay till the credits end. Like Cons said, they could have added something extra at the end. And who wants to try and get past all those people anyways? What I always find funny is when people think the movie is over and are on their way out and suddenly the movie isn't over. And instead of sitting back down they'll just stand by the entrance. That always amuses me.

DLFerguson likes this.
  7. DLFerguson

Yeah, most of my friends say that by the time the movie is over, especially if it's 2 hrs + they have to go to the rest room and that's why they don't stay for the end credits. They tell me I must have a bladder the size of a watermelon to sit all the way through a 2 hr + movie and not have to go.

Bliss likes this.
  8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I also stay till the very end of the Credits because most of the new movies these days show maybe out-takes or something of that nature during the credits. If they don't show anything I'm a little disapointed but there's always a good song during the credits either way.

9. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

I wait until most of the mad dashers leave and then I leave. I really don't care about what is on the credits or the extras that they have.

Bliss likes this.
  10. starfx6464

starfx6464 Awesome

I usually don't stay unless I know something is coming up at the end. I did stay for the end of the Iron Man credits. That was a nice little nod to the future.