• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Embarrassing Music

Dabs

Registered Member
Ok, we all have our favorites in the music line....the best songs and the best group..or person.
Do you have a song that you really like, but you'd rather not many people know about it??
For instance, I like Barry Manilow's song "Mandy"......I have liked it since I was a little girl.
I will stop and listen to it- if it happens to come on a radio station in a store someplace...or if I'm flipping thru the FM channels and a station happens to be playing the oldies.
I admit, I like Barry Manilow.
But....what's worse, I also like some of the songs by The Backstreet Boys ~LoL~
Ok, anyone else care to tell their embarrassing songs they like??

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
Ugh. I am embarrassed by some of the music that I like. I'm more along the rocker music genre...so when I like something pop or country it's out of the ordinary and I don't like to advertise.

I like some Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, and some Britney Spears. Shameful, I know.

Dabs

Registered Member
Ugh. I am embarrassed by some of the music that I like. I'm more along the rocker music genre...so when I like something pop or country it's out of the ordinary and I don't like to advertise.

I like some Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, and some Britney Spears. Shameful, I know.

Not at all....I happen to like some songs by those women myself!

konboye

Registered Member
Hip hop and R&B are my favorites, but these days I'm gravitating towards rock. Plus I like Colbie Cailiat, Prince, Norah Jones, and some Alt. I know these don't mix, and it might end up in my "pussification". Drat.

Raos

Registered Member
I find being embarrassed about liking certain songs or musicians makes as much sense as liking or disliking someone because of their skin color, religion, gender, etc. If something sounds good to your ear then who care who wrote it, sang it, performed it, etc? I like music that I like. I do not need to put labels on it for anyone.

Impact

V.I.P.
You mean like guilty pleasures? I'm rather like Pam, i'm more of a rock/punk chick than anything so when I like poppy songs, it's a little embarrassing. Taylor Swift, Jason Mraz, Backstreet Boys :shifteyes:, Christina Aguilera

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I don't get all this embarrassment about music. Music is music. It's ART and there's nothing shameful about it, no matter who is the singer or what genre it is.
It's not like you're committing a crime or anything that makes you feel ashamed.

@Impact - I'm super glad to hear that you like the Backstreet Boys :D
I'M THEIR FAN for 11 years now!

and no. it's not a shame

Dabs

Registered Member
It's good to see everyone is faithful to their own love of music~
Maybe it's my age...I am pretty sure I am older than most here (I think??)....anyway, some young people around my part of the world, think it's odd for a lady of my age, to listen to the Backstreet Boys or Lady GaGa.
I tell them I'm not an old fogey! ~LoL~
I really enjoy rockin to Nickelback......so here's to great music for all *smiles*

Shwa

V.I.P.
I know this is just me, but I still listen (and have) my Spice Girls and S Club 7 CD's and music on my laptop, and they're still on my "Top 25" most listened to. I can't help it, brits/English singers sound so good with their pop music and group vocals :3

~Shwa

Nibbles

meep
Linkin Park is all I listen to. I get ridiculed over classical music. Apparently grandpa music is uncool.