• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
I'm suprised no one is talking about this amazing and endless pc game. I play it for the Xbox but my friend, he plays it for the pc and it only gets bigger and better. New clothes, quests, character faces, an complete graphics face lift for the world in the game and you can even remake the entire game world. The game was long enough plus it had 2 expansion and almost no one will be able to do all there is to do in the game. On top of that people are releasing new mods for it that change the entire world with new people, places and quests. It is literally a game that never ends.

The only other game like this that isn't an MMORPG is Neverwinter Nights. The only difference is Neverwinter Nights has multiplayer. Has anyone else tried this on the pc?

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
I have it. It's a good game. However most of the good mods I've wanted to try require Bloodmoon and Tribunal, while I only have the bog-standard client. At the moment I'm trying out the Complete Morrowind mod, and might try the adavnced lockpicking beta mod.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Its cool that you are having so much fun with it. I'm sorry you need the expansions to get some of the good stuff. Well it might be worth it to pick those up then. I have the Game of the Year Edition on my Xbox but they have it for the pc too.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
That's what I'm trying to get. I have the money for it, however that money is going towards Download 2006.

I do have the GOTY version for Xbox, but imho the PC version is better bug, mod, and edit wise. I haven't had a crash on the PC version yet, but I get quite a lot on the Xbox version. The TES Construction Set is there if I want to learn how to use it. And as you've said, there are plenty of mods to try.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
Think of the Xbox version as a basic starter version while the pc version if everything the Xbox version is and so much more.

S

SawBone

I've spent countless hours on that game. The freedom is simply great, I love it. I completed the main quest two times, once with a Dark elf character and the 2nd time with an Argonian. I also completed the Bloodmoon expension with a Nord.

Here are my characters:
Level 27 Argonian
Level 58 Dark elf
Level 36 Nord

I can't wait to try The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.

Kos4Evr

Registered Member
My question is this: Who has actually become a vampire and joined a vampire clan and started to complete those quests? I am very interested in it myself.

S

SawBone

I haven't myself, but my brother did..I don't know about the quest, but he had a pretty big strenght, endurance and speed boost, but he coudn't heal while sleeping (he had to use this life-leech like power/spell he got from being a vampire), he couldn't be out during the day and his disposition toward people was always very low. So I don't think it's really worth it imo from what I know, but it sure could be interesting playing as a vampire.. just to be evil and terrorize people >:D :D

Sephiroth_Masamune

l 7SIN Sasori l
I have the GOTY edition for the XBox but never really got into it because I could never find people to talk to about it and play to find out what to do and how to play really well.

Also, games like this give me headaches from the graphics and stuff. Runescape does the same thing to me.

If you guys could give me reasons as to why I should play, then be my guest and shoot. I need some good reasons to play this and I sort of want to again. Just give me a little shove.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
What sort of reasons you looking for?

Also, graphics tend to be better on the PC version.