The Earth can't be billions of years old!

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Christiangamer, Apr 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christiangamer

Christiangamer Registered Member

Some people believe that they are Christians but yet they also be live that the Earth is billions of years old. To prove this theory incorrect the moon moves away from Earth 1 center meter per year if the Earth was that old then the moon would have been so close to Earth that nothing could have lived because of the gravitational pull. Also some people say that God must have froze the Earth in time so he could create the rest, two things prove this wrong. First if He did the plants would die from either no sunlight or to much sunlight and they would never reproduce. Second the comets we see today can only be about 7000 years old. why? Because they give off some of their dirt each time they orbit, if the planet was even 100,000 years old we wouldn't even see any comets today. Another thing is the silt on the ocean floor, if the Earth was billions of years old than the ocean floor should be totally covered with it! Also is the shape of our Galaxy slowly it winds it self up, if the Earth were billions of years old the arms would already be tight and it would be blurred but it's not. Notice how all these thing show not only that evolution is wrong but also that God only wants us to be around for a certain period of time, until the rapture!

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Where did you get this information from?

3. Christiangamer

answersingenesis. com

4. Major

You do realize that's a Christian website, right? Of course they're going to put up misleading information that supports creationism.

Who invited Brent here?

5. Doc

Doc Trust me, I'm The Doctor. V.I.P.

I was actually fairly well convinced that's who he could be, but this is the same thing he posted in another topic.

Major likes this.
  6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well keep in mind that any argument is going to be biased. You can put a twist on anything. Just because it's a religious website doesn't mean that it automatically can't be true. Sometimes people are too quick to put a blanket down on an entire argument because of unfair biases.

Those facts mentioned a few posts ago though definitely need to have some scientific backing. That site might very well have scientific research backing those claims, regardless of the fact that it's a religious site.

I haven't checked the site myself though so I can't state anything about the content on it. I'm just saying it's not automatically false just because you might not agree with the non-scientific claims on it.

7. Christiangamer

If its so misleading how come they have so much proof?

8. Christiangamer

Thankyou for being open minded to this I try to look at other peoples link with an open mind but it is very hard sometimes.

9. Major

I didn't say that the information was false, just that it can be very misleading. Yes, the moon is moving further away from the Earth every year. That doesn't mean it has ALWAYS been moving away from the Earth. In fact, we don't even know that the Earth and the moon were formed at the same time, or how long the moon has been in orbit around the Earth. So to say something like that is absolute proof of creation is pretty ridiculous.

I didn't look around that website very long, but I'm sure it's filled with half-facts like that. They're only going to tell you what they want you to hear. Of course they're not going to tell you anything that supports the other side of the argument.

Most people tend to believe what they want to believe and then look for whatever facts support those beliefs. I think that's mostly true with creationists. They were creationists before they ever saw a single fact.

10. Major

Here's some information that might help explain the "facts" you posted. I did all the research for you. All you have to do is read them.

CE110: Moon Receding

CE261: Old Comets

CD220: Amount of sediments in the ocean

CE380: Spiral galaxies staying spiral.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.