• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Draft, it's how you build a team

Rontzeeez

Registered Member
If you look at the current lineup of the hab, there's one thing you can see: Most of our core was drafted by the team.

Based of General Fanager's roster here it is:
Montreal Canadiens Salary Cap | General Fanager

Drafted/undrafted:
Tomas Plekanec
Max Pacioretty
Brendan Gallagher
David Desharnais(Undrafted)
Alex Galchenyuk
Daniel Carr(Undrafted)
Sven Andrighetto
PK Subban
Andrei Markov
Alexei Emelin
Nathan Beaulieu
Darren Dietz
Brett Lernout
Carey Price
Mike Condon(Undrafted)

Waivers:
Mike Brown
Paul Byron

Traded For:
Lars Eller
Torrey Mitchell
Brian Flynn
Philip Danault
Lucas Lessio

Stefan Matteau
Jeff Petry
Greg Pateryn
Victor Bartley

Signing:
Mark Barberio
Ryan Johnston
Joel Hanley
Charlie Lindgren

What does this show? Most of our core were players drafted, bread in the organization
and given roles to succeed. Other than the 2nd half of last year, we have been a successful team.

Last edited:

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Well, I agree with you on that one but still, it doesn't change anything from the fact that this team is cruelly missing offense, namely a top 6 forward and I hate Marc Bergevin & Michel Therrien squarely putting the blame on Carey Price missing nearly the entire season with his knee injury. They did nothing to address this problem during Carey's absence and they're using this as an excuse for their lack of competence.

Trevor Timmins can only do so much as a scout but it's up to the organization to add the pieces to make sure that this team flourishes and gets one step closer every year. And right now, they have let us down big time last season. Some say that the Habs may try to move up to get to the top 5 in the draft Friday night but Marc Bergevin will probably give us the same old "Well, it's extremely hard to trade in this league" lame-ass excuse he's given us all year.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think that the Red Wings are the best example of building your team through the draft.