The Definitive Details Of The Wallace Trade?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

RealGM: Wiretap Archives: The Definitive Details Of The Wallace Trade?

This is a huge pick up for the Cavaliers, a lot of people have been writting him off but I still think he has some left in the tank.

The Bulls receive a lot of good players like Hughes, Gooden and Brown, they all have game, hopefully Hughes will be able to play like he once did in a Wizards uniform for the Bulls. This is a surprising trade to say the least.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Eh. I would have rather seen the Bulls trade for Kobe when they had the chance.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

They'd probably have to give up Gordon and a good chunk of the team for Kobe. He's literally the most valuable player in the NBA.

I think Drew Gooden and Hughes is a better pick up, even though the trade is centered around Cleveland. I was thoroughly disappointed in Wallace's effort when I watched a number of the Bulls' nationally televised games. He'd literally just stand there and watch another player grab a rebound...

4. Major

Gordon is overrated. I would have traded him, Deng, and a couple other players for Kobe. And I guarantee the Bulls would be a top 4 team in the East if they had done that. As it is, they're fighting for a playoff spot, which is sad since the East sucks so much.

5. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

To get Kobe they would of have to give up half the team and all the studs like Deng and Gordon, and we saw in the last couple of years that Kobe cannot do it by himself, so it would be the same situation, Kobe would score all the points, but wouldn't win a lot of games, just like it was last season. So getting Kobe wouldn't make them Championship contenders.

The Bulls picked up a couple of solid player that should fill in pretty nicely. Especially if Hughes finds his old touch.

6. Major

It's obvious this team isn't going to win any championships anyway. Kobe would at least give them something to build around. Look at the Lakers. They added Pau Gasol and now they're serious contenders.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

If someone just saw Gordon and Deng this year, they'd probably have made the deal. Last year, they played exceptionally well. The Bulls most likely thought they'd continue this year.

8. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

I not too sure D-West will comfortable at PG especially playing with LeBron who handles the ball more any guards on the Clevland squad, Big Z isnt known for his defensive prowess and Wallace brings that to the Cavs, I they expect to win a ring they need some interior defense. Who's going to guard Garrnet and Howard more importantly Duncan or Gasol. Seattle maybe be the biggest winner they get nothing but expirings which will help with their re-building.