• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Death Penalty, Nearing Its End

Powerful

Registered Member
It's applied disproportionately to people who has the least power and/or money, and it has always existed with a great possibility that innocent people were being executed, actually more than a possibility. A probability.

It's just barbaric, in my opinion.

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
Somewhat of an ironic double standard for a society to show it's wrong to kill by killing ...
And should a civilised, Christian country be executing people? It's not the Middle .Ages.

There are knee-jerk emotional reactions when a terrible crime is committed, but we shouldn't lose sight of our humanity and moral dignity.
And miscarriages of justice can and do happen

Impaired

Registered Member
We're not a Christian country, thank God.

My brother in law, a public defender, could always talk me out of my support for the death penalty.

As a father, I can't easily see past how I would feel if it was my child that was the victim.

As a person with a heart, 1 innocent executed means the system is horribly wrong. Our system is horribly wrong. So I can't support it.