The Deal Is Finally Done

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Press Release - The Atlanta Hawks have acquired a 2007 first-round draft pick from the Indiana Pacers , as part of a sign-and-trade transaction that sends Al Harrington, along with John Edwards, to Indiana, according to Executive Vice President/General Manager Billy Knight.

“We’re very pleased to have Al back in Indiana,†said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird, who coached Harrington his first two seasons with the Pacers. “We think he brings an added dimension to our team. We know what he can do and he’ll make us a deeper team and a better team. He’s also a very good guy. It’s a pleasure to have his personality back as well.â€

“Al was a very good player for us for six years,†said Pacers CEO and President Donnie Walsh. “Going to Atlanta has expanded his game and he became one of the most prized free agents on the market. What makes this special is now Al fits perfectly into the team and style of play we’re trying to achieve. It’s a perfect time for him to come back. It’s also special because Al comes back to a place where he was one of our most popular players and a solid asset in the community. I think it’s a win-win situation for the team and Al.â€

“We feel this move brings us valuable assets, including additional salary cap flexibility as we move forward,†Knight said. “When Al came to us, he brought a winning attitude to our franchise and he always put the team first. We are certainly in a better position now having had Al as a member of the Hawks.

“I appreciate the hard work and leadership that Al brought to our team, both on and off the court,†Knight continued, “as well as for John’s contributions for us last season. We wish them both well.â€

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/41994/20060822/the_deal_is_finally_done/

G

Gustavo

Thank god it is over.

I think the Hawks can get more than that but I guess it finally came down to this decision. I think this pick they got will be useful this year. Personally, I think the Hawks will be better off without Harrington. They got pretty good young guys. There future looks bright.

Fresh

Aw, Here It Goes!
FINALLY!

I mean there was such going back and forth with this trade. First on then off it was really confusing. Thankfully it went through. I think this is a good trade for Indy cuz Jermaine and Al could make a deadly Forward one two punch. Lets see what they do with this talent.

BigBlue

----------------------
Gay wanted Al to go to the lakers, shit oh well, good pickup for the pacers though, harrington is a straight up baller that can score at will...
still dont think pacers will go that far in the playoffs though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
This is a good pick up for the pacers. I know he used to play in Pacers and he never excelled but they didn't have room to give him enought playing time. Now is second time around they have a opening spot for him in the Starting line up. This is going to work out for the Pacers, because Al is a tremendous talent.

G

Gustavo

Al Harrington or not, unless they make couple of more good moves, the Pacers are back in the lottery, which is always a good thing for Atlanta.

How will Al fair in Indiana? I think this is another repeat, where he doesn't do as well with the likes of Stephen Jackson and Jermaine Oneal.

Also, the reason why Al didn't work last time was because this team was too good for Al to get playing time in. Now that Indiana is not as a talented team as last time, of course Al will get more and more playing time with more touches.