Movies The Dark Knight > The Mummy

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Vegito728, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Vegito728

Vegito728 Registered Member

Source: The Dark Knight Kicks The Mummy's Ass - Headed for $480 Million! « FirstShowing.net

TDK is just tearing the box office up. I'll be surprised if it surpasses the Titanic but I'd love to see it happen.

Because really, TDK >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Titanic

Blueyes likes this.

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Titanic hit a whole different crowd though. The date crowd of all ages. Sure people go to TDK on dates too but Titanic will be hard to "sink" at the box office.

3. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

I'm sorry TDK >>>>>> Any movie out in the past decade. Hands down.

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow... fanboy much? I 100% disagree with everything you just said.. Seriously it was a good movie but it wasn't the BEST movie made in the last 10 years...

5. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

I agree with Sui. I'll admit, I'm a fanboy, but I'm a fan of a lot of the other things from movies from the last 10 years, but none of them even compare to TDK. My friend wasn't even going to go, except we already had the ticket - and he was awed by the movie.

Besides, I don't think you have to be a fanboy to pick the movie that's setting box office records, and is currently ranked #1 on imdb.com... :rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

I heard the Mummy sucked so hard it could be a $50,000 hooker.

7. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Lord of the Rings?

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Lord of the Rings is pretty high up there. But I would probably put TDK just above Return of the King.

9. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I agree. THE DARK KNIGHT is the best movie I've seen this year so far but if anybody thinks it's the best movie of the decade...well, I would suggest that they haven't seen enough movies.

And I don't understand why there's this need to see other movies fail to ensure THE DARK KNIGHT's 'success'. There's nothing wrong with "The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor" no, it's not as good as the first two but it's an enjoyable Saturday Afternoon high adventure popcorn movie. I want to see both movies find their audience and make boatloads of money so that we can all see more movies in both the superhero and the pulp adventure genres made.

10. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Really? Why?