• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Dallas Cowboys Thread...

GRector64

Registered Member
Ahhhh now this is a thread I can relate to. As for the Cowboys so far they are making the pundits look very silly. Defense is ranked 13th overall, not 32nd as the "experts," were all predicting.

The other bright spot has been DeMarco Murray, who has 285 rushing yards after two weeks. If he remains healthy (a big if considering his history) Murray might take a run at breaking the franchise record of 1773 rushing yards in a season. Currently on a crazy pace of 2,280 yards.

GRector64

Registered Member
Lifelong fan of America's Team. Have been cheering for them the last 45 years.

My favorite player of all-time is the original number 88 Drew Pearson.

Was lucky enough to have witnessed in person the last two Super Bowl victories, including the sweetest moment ever, beating the Steelers in SBXXX.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm still taking the "wait and see" approach for this year's edition of the Cowboys. Granted, I predicted a 8-8 record at best this season, but I hope I'm wrong.

Anyhow, to share some stories of my fandom. I've been a fan since about kindergarten or first grade. I've read quite a few books about the Cowboys over the past few years, I've been to 3 games in person (the last being when I was 8 :lol: ), and I have mini helmets signed by Bill Bates, Ed Jones, Mel Renfro, and Danny White. The Thanksgiving Day game is my favorite game of the year, as I think it is for a lot of Cowboys fans.

On another note, I really like DeMarco Murray and think he could be this generation's version of Emmitt Smith if he can stay healthy. I love the kid.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Huge Cowboys fan myself. Favourite player to play for them is Troy Aikman. What a great quarterback, who was underrated in my opinion. Big Irvin fan as well, but never was a huge Smith fan to be honest. Maybe it's because he stayed too long.

Regarding this season, I'm hoping they get a wild card spot since I believe the Eagles will win the division. Regarding Murray, the man is a beast and can be one of the best running backs in the league if he stays healthy. I think he can flirt with 1,700-1,800 rushing yards if he plays a full season.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Bizzy said:
Huge Cowboys fan myself. Favourite player to play for them is Troy Aikman. What a great quarterback, who was underrated in my opinion. Big Irvin fan as well, but never was a huge Smith fan to be honest. Maybe it's because he stayed too long.

Regarding this season, I'm hoping they get a wild card spot since I believe the Eagles will win the division. Regarding Murray, the man is a beast and can be one of the best running backs in the league if he stays healthy. I think he can flirt with 1,700-1,800 rushing yards if he plays a full season.
There could be some truth to Smith sticking around for too long. When you look at Aikman and Irvin, those two guys had their careers end while they were about to decline or were early on in the decline process. Smith, on the other hand, was still a good player when he left the Cowboys but he wasn't the elite talent that he was during the dynasty days of the early 1990s.

willge87

Registered Member
Smith was a couple of years younger than Irvin and still was rushing for 1,000 yards until his second-last season in Dallas. The problem was the team around him started to decline quickly.

Also, remember that Irvin and Aikman arguably didn't retire by choice. Irvin had that neck injury in Philadelphia and Aikman had concussions.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I'm a bit bummed to be missing the game tomorrow since I'm going to the Jays game, but next week it'll be 100% Cowboys for me it seems.