• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Cycle of Life

Knight_of_Albion

Registered Member
When you walk through a forest that has not been tamed and interefered with by man, you will see not only abundant life all around you, but you will also encounter fallen trees and decaying trunks, rotting leaves and decomposing matter at every step. Wherever you look, you will find death as well as life.

Upon closer scrutiny, however, you will discover that the decomposing tree trunk and rotting leaves not only give birth to new life, but are full of life themselves. Microorganisms are at work. Molecules are rearrangingg themselves. So death isn't to be found anywhere. There is only the metamorphosis of life forms. What can you learn from this?

Death is not the opposite of life. Life has no opposite. The opposite of death is birth. Life is eternal.

- Eckhart Tolle (From 'Stillness Speaks')

Life is a school. We incarnate on earth to learn and to advance the soul.
Death is, quite simply, 'going home'.
Do not be afraid of death. There is nothing to fear.

For anyone in need of comfort and reassurance, or those seeking further knowledge on the topic of survival of the spirit, I recommend the following books;
On Death and Dying by Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Glimpses of eternity by Dr Raymond Moody
The Art of Dying by Dr Peter Fenwick and Elizabeth Fenwick

For the more enquiring mind I recommend a classic of British spiritualist literature 'The Golden Key' by Percy Welsford.

"Why have most of those who went through a near-death experience lost their fear of death? Reflect upon this" - Eckhart Tolle
------
Pre-death experience:
'Suddenly my gran sat up in bed and smiled. She said, "I'm going now and here's Dad and George come to meet me." She then died, still with this big smile on her face. My mother never forgot it'.
(From 'The Art of Dying')
------
Pre-death experience:
'My uncle served in the First World War and experienced the horrors of the Somme, which lived with him for the rest of his life. He had led a group of men, returned with only three survivors and was badly wounded himself. He was awarded the Military Cross.
It was around thirty years ago, when he was dying of cancer, that the following event took place.
During his illness my mother cared for him at home and I remember one evening we were sitting with him talking quietly. He was too ill to contribute much to the conversation, but liked to hear us chatting, when suddenly he leaned forward and stared across the room. He became very animated and looked very happy as he began to talk to people he could obviously see but we couldn't. He was calling each by name and asking how they were and how wonderful it was to see them.
It became apparent from what he was saying that they were some of the men who had served with him at the Somme and had died there. There was a look of wonderment on his face and he forgot his pain.
I will never forget that night and though I could not see his friends, I have no doubt that they were there.
I didn't see him conscious again and he died a couple of days later.'
------
Pre-death experience:
'My mother's face lit up with joy. She smiled the most marvellous smile. She seemed to 'come alive'.
She suddenly sat up in bed, her arms out towards someone, with a great look of happiness and then after a pause sank back on the pillow and died not long after.'
-----
Near-death experience:
'Many of the patients have spoken of the peace they experienced; beautiful, indescribable peace - no pain, no anxiety. They tell us that all that matters is how much you have loved, how much you have cared and if you know these things, then you cannot possibly be afraid of death'
- Dr Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
-----

Last edited:

Dekzper

Registered Member
I don't believe in death the way a lot of people do. All I know is that there's life and there's consciousness. Life is like a phoenix cause it rises from it's own ashes. And consciousness is everywhere in a vast system of galaxies. Since I'm just a part of matter being conscious then I'll never die. That consciousness isn't lost, it's just relocated.

So no, death is not something to fear. It's just the beginning of a new adventure. I don't wanna lose this adventure but hey, people adapt to new things. :)