• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The current price of stamps!

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow so apparently I am too "new-school" to survive in the US. I just went to the post office to mail a letter the other day and I had a 37 cent stamp on my envelope.

I couldn't remember the last time I mailed a letter so I thought I better double-check the current price of stamps before dropping the letter in the box since it contained a check that I didn't want to have to rewrite. Well it turns out I would have been an idiot if I had mailed it with a 37 cent stamp and it most likely would have been returned to sender, me.. yeah.

Stamps are now 39 cents and according to the mail clerk they will be going up a few more cents in the next month or so. I had to buy some 2 cent stamps and use one to bump the stamped value to 39 cents.

All I have to say is wow.. I have been way out of it. I pay my bills online. I talk to everybody I know online or on the phone. I've shipped packages recently but I never had to use normal stamps for those. Oh well. Let this be a lesson to everybody. Keep up to date on the current price of stamps! :D

Calypso

Yeah, starting May 1 the price of stamps will be going up to 41 cents. Wow. I remember when I was a kid and would talk on the phone too long my father would say, "Send a letter! It's cheaper." Now it's actually cheaper to talk on the phone!

debrajean

I know, but there still isn't anything like getting a letter from a friend or family member. There's just something more personal about holding onto a piece of something that someone you love has taken the time to write down.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's also just something about getting a bill in the mail. You don't want to throw it out because then you'll forget, not to mention your personal data is on it... So instead it sits somewhere in your house and every time you look at it it seems to grin at you.

:(

gabsmom123

I am thinking that pretty soon it is going to turn into a dollar just to send a letter, but one of our frugal tips that we have started using is to pay all the bills that we can online and avoid sending any stamps if we do not have too.