The Curious Case of Darko Milicic

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Bubbles, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

What happened? How can a guy that was drafted 2nd overall before Carmelo, Wade and Bosh play only 159 minutes in his rookie year? He has to be a bigger bust than Kwame Brown. Okay, I understand that when Milicic was first drafted by the Pistons, he was playing under the guidance of Larry Brown, who was notorious for using veteran player. But what about now? He's apparently signed with the Timberwolves, a 4 contract worth about 20 million, but I don't think I've ever seen him play more than 5 or 6 minutes. Plus, I have heard that he is a complete asshole. Proof? That video of him cussing at the referees back in 2007. Is it just missed opportunities with this guy or just bad behavior?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Milicic is still young and raw, I believe he can still put up some decent numbers, not what people expected of him when he first got scouted but he'll be a starter for the Wolves in my opinion.

Like you mentioned, Darko was in a bad situation from the get go, he got drafted ahead of the likes of Wade, Bosh, Kaman and a few other star basketball players. Brown is known to not play rookies, even if you struggle, you still need to get playing time to learn from your mistakes, Darko didn't get that chance.

If he was drafted around the fifteen spot, people wouldn't be talking about him like they have since he joined the NBA. I blame the scouts just as bad as anyone else. He was a European player with size, raw talent and a decent shot...they can't all be Dirk Nowitzki.