The Crown Vic's Replacement

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I've always been a fan of Police Cruisers. Heck I remember even asking Sui one time and completely catching him off guard what the Police Cruisers look like in Kansas :hah:

So Ford announced the Crown Victoria will cease production in 2011... To replace it; The Taurus Intercepter:

Ford has introduced a successor to the ubiquitous Crown Victoria police car, a vehicle whose headlamp and parking light arrangement has forever been etched into the minds drivers whose habits include behaviors that fall outside the limits of the law.

The venerable Crown Vic has been the vehicle of choice for most police departments in the United States for two decades, but it is taking retirement late in 2011. Ford chose to introduce its replacement in Las Vegas last week, far in advance of the Crown Vic’s passing, giving police departments time to budget for the safer, more fuel-efficient car.

The new Ford Police Interceptor is Taurus-based, and thus will replace the antiquated front-engine, rear-wheel drive platform with more updated architecture. Like civilian models, the Taurus Police Interceptor will be available with either front- or all-wheel drive, and with a choice of two V6 engines that provide more horsepower than the old car’s V8. The base engine is a 3.5-liter unit producing 263 hp, and an available twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter puts out 365 hp.

Consumer Reports Cars Blog: New Ford Taurus police car to replace retiring Crown Vic
I guess I coulda put this in Auto's but meh, its not like its one you could buy hahahaha So yeah, Dont these New models look really futuristic? :hah:

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Interesting. I remember when Robo Cop came out, they used what was then the new Taurus, and it looked so futuristic. Now it's laughable.

I've seen a few municipalities using the Dodge Charger for police cruisers.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Interesting. I remember when Robo Cop came out, they used what was then the new Taurus, and it looked so futuristic. Now it's laughable.

I've seen a few municipalities using the Dodge Charger for police cruisers.

Right now the Fresno PD and CHP uses Dodge Chargers. They look sick, at least the PD ones do. The Chippers dont have Bump Guard so they look a little less tough :hah:

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
I'll be excited when they start using the Mad Max Interceptor. *Crosses Fingers* (Be still my beating heart)

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
You have awesome looking police cars over there. They look mean. I mean...ours our just meh. See what I mean...

...fricking lame looking. Although I did get my first ride ever in one over the weekend!!

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
You have awesome looking police cars over there. They look mean. I mean...ours our just meh. See what I mean...

...fricking lame looking. Although I did get my first ride ever in one over the weekend!!

Hahaha... It looks like a clown car :lol: