The crowds are horrible

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by viLky, Sep 3, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Am I the only one who feels that the crowds are horrible?

I'll be watching SmackDown! and this is what I see:

*Jeff Hardy attacks MVP*
    Crowd: *golf clap*
    *MVP kicks Jeff*
    Crowd: *monotone boo*
    *Jeff does Twist of Fate*
    Crowd: *golf clap*
    *Jeff wins*
    Crowd: *golf clap with semi-pop*

:dots:

Am I just use to the old Attitude Era and the old ECW crowds? They always seemed really into the match and it made a horrible match decent. Now with the crowds just sitting there and being quiet the great matches get kicked down a notch or two.

How do you feel about the crowds during wrestling shows?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

*Sigh*

It's because during previous eras the matches were entertaining. Wrestlers were actually fun to watch. Today, wrestling has degraded into half-assed melodrama with shitty gimmicks and overused mediocre gimmicks. The crowd is a perfect measure of how the WWE is doing.

3. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Awesome timing with this thread Vilk.

Unity and I and some other people went to the RAW/Smackdown SuperShow taping this past Sunday in St Louis. We saw this past Raw and also this upcoming Smackdown...and yes, it was a lot of fun.

The crowd was on fire the entire time from beginning to end. Batista and Mysterio got HUGE pops and the Hardys did of course and Triple H as well. There were chants, people reacted to moves and I'm telling you when Vicky Guerrero was in the ring she could not even speak because we wouldnt stop booing her. I'm interested to see if they edit any of that out. Serously, it was so loud I have no idea what she even said.

Some crowds might suck but not the one I was a part of this past weekend. BUt to keep on your topic I think for the most part the loudness factor is a little down and what have you but with the amount of kids now going to shows I think it'll go up and up as we move on.

4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Let's hope so.

Give us an update once the show airs. We'll finally get the truth if they edit anything out or not. ;)

5. Millz

Oh they do and they did for RAW. In the 6 women tag match Candice botched about 3 or 4 moves in a row before she finally rolled up Beth to get the win. I guess she was nervous about her first match or she just sucks in the ring...might be a little of both. I was waiting for it and all of a sudden she won the match...WWE did an awesome job to disguse it. It was bad...not good for TV. They also edited out some at the end of the RAw and didnt show all of HBK's beatdown of Lance Cade.

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree the crowd are defenitely now as loud as they used to be. I remember when they had the Monday Night Wars, now those crowds were amazing. Especially in the WCW when Goldberg was wrestling. I'm sure there was a little fan fair, but most of it was real fans cheering.

7. viLky

viLky ykLiv

That's the stuff I'm talking about. I remember they showed an old scene from ECW where the crowds were ecstatic. They were chanting, and I believe none of them were sitting down during the match. That's the crowd I would like to see.

I actually feel bad when wrestlers are wrestling and they get no reaction. It's really awkward. >.<;

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Like I said, it's because the past generation of wrestling fans have nothing to cheer about. We were spoiled with the likes of Steve Austin, Goldberg, The Rock, real entertainers with really awesome stories. One of the biggest reactions I can recall is when Stone Cold returned to help fight the Alliance. The entire crowd was chanting Austin's name because he had gone all softie yet earlier in the night, he was seen on the titantron, getting up and leaving the bar with a nasty glare in his eyes. Then he proceeded to enter the ring and rock some fucking skulls! That's the energy the WWE doesn't have anymore. They aim low these days, they don't go overboard like they used to.

9. Millz

It is awkward but for the most part it is their fault that nobody cares about them. I mean, maybe WWE hasnt even the crowd a reason to hate or cheer that person.

Take Snitsky, for example. He's a MIzzou grad and I should like him but I dont. Nobody cares about him. Having him go to the ring and destroy nobodies isnt interesting television to me.

Guys like Undertaker, Cena, Batista, Mysterio, HHH, Punk and HBK still got mammoth reactions but where WWE is lacking is some of the midcard talent.