• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Xbox 360 The core system

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You can play games, but you can't save them unless you buy either a memory card for $40 or a hard drive for $100. I'm pretty sure the core doesn't come with a memory card or anything. I think you get a silver subscription to Live, but I don't know what you'd be able to do with it besides have a friends list and do voice chats and stuff.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I just read somewhere on the board that it doesn't come with anything for Live. The Core system is totally useless, really.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I guess you're right. On Xbox, your Live account is saved onto your hard drive. I assume it would work the same way with 360.

Also, your Xbox 360 is NOT backwards compatible without the hard drive. You won't be able to play your Xbox games on your Xbox 360 core without upgrading.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
imma still get the Core System because:

# 1- if i want to play my old Xbox games...i'll play it on my old Xbox
# 2- my computer connection is too slow
# 3- and imma buy the memory card for it
# 4- imma buy the hard drive in the long run.

i have been saved my wal-mart is getting more Xbox 360's maybe this Friday.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
You realize you're just throwing your money away, right? If you can't afford the premium, just wait a couple weeks and save up the extra money. You'll be thanking us later.

Yung_Impression

Registered Member
^^i can afford the premium...but whats the point in getting it if my internet connection is too slow to do Xbox Live.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The premium is a better deal for everyone, not just Live users. And you say you're going to buy a hard drive later anyway. Why waste your money later on a hard drive when you could be buying a new game instead (and still have the hard drive from buying the premium package)? You're throwing away $40 on a memory card, not to mention all the stuff you basically get for free with the premium - free upgrade to wireless controller, free upgrade to HD cables, free remote, etc.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The core system is Microsoft's way of making more money. The premium is an awesome deal, when you remember that systems don't even come with games or demos anymore. A practice that I'm highly against, but I think the premium makes up for it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, I'd rather pay less for a console and get to pick the game I want with it instead of getting some default game, unless the price was the same the begin with.