• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Contentious Ten 03.07.11: Best On The Mic

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
411mania.com: Wrestling - The Contentious Ten 03.07.11: Best On The Mic

I find these list rather interesting, and I was waiting for them to do one of these.

I like there list, but I'm surprised that Mick Foley was ahead of Stone Cold. Yes, Foley was great at cutting promo's, but I don't believe he's better then Austin.

Not surprised that Flair and The Rock are top two, both have incredible microphone skills, and they've showcase it many times. It's amazing the things they come up with when there's a microphone in there hands.

Glad that Punk made the list, it's remarkable how good his microphone skills are since he came from the Indy scene.

Thoughts?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Dusty and The Brain deserved to be on this list.

Happy to also see Cornette on there too.

Overall, I am happy with the list and glad Flair and Rock were the top 2.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think you can make a case for Jericho ahead of Austin and definitely Rhodes but not Foley.

Mick has had some awesome promos over the years but Austin is in the to 5 for sure.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely agree with Jericho, to me he's top three material, you can switch him and Rhodes for third and fourth in my book.

Jericho has one of the best promo's of all time. The famous 1001 holds promo, he also sort of did the same thing in the WWE when he named all the wrestlers he defeated, even kept it up during the commercial break. Jericho could handle himself against anyone when it came to microphone skills.

I was reading some of the comments and some people were complaining that HBK and HHH didn't make the list. Personally I don't believe either of those two are better then anyone on the top ten list, and it's not even close. Don't get me wrong, they were/are both great on the stick, but not top ten worthy.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I was reading some of the comments and some people were complaining that HBK and HHH didn't make the list. Personally I don't believe either of those two are better then anyone on the top ten list, and it's not even close. Don't get me wrong, they were/are both great on the stick, but not top ten worthy.
I agree. While I could place HHH at 11 or 12 on my list, HBK may not even be in the top 15. He wasn't groundbreaking like the guys on the top 10.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Rock definitely belongs at the top of that list, but I agree about Stone Cold deserving a higher spot.

I also think that Y2J should be much higher than he is...Just my opinion, but I'd put him above Dream, Foley, and Brain.

Konshentz

Konshentz
My top 3 would be The Rock, Stone Cold & Jericho. Even though Stone Cold is my favorite wrestler of all-time, there was just no beating The Rock when it came to this stuff.