• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Commonality between these attacks?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I mean it's important to remember this was the 2nd deadliest church massacre in Texas. The first being when the federal government used flammable tear gas to burn down the waco compound. It's not out of reason to assume the government could at some point decide what you believe is too dangerous.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I mean it's important to remember this was the 2nd deadliest church massacre in Texas. The first being when the federal government used flammable tear gas to burn down the waco compound. It's not out of reason to assume the government could at some point decide what you believe is too dangerous.
Dude, Waco. I can't believe I forgot to include the government effectively burning alive its own citizens.

danwiz

Registered Member
The Southern Poverty Law Center that tracks this sort of thing reports that violence (from school bullying to mass shooting) is up 35% since Trump was elected.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Well, for one, it's been a year. Pretty small sample size. Two, how does one records school bullying? What qualifies? And we are only going on what's been reported. Third, there have been how many mass shootings in the last year? Again, sample size. Lastly, as any statistician will tell you, correlation does not equate to causation.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Southern poverty is not an unbiased source. Every conservative group is a terrorist group. I think they even labeled David Barton's a hate group. But I do agree everyone needs to just chill out. Rand Paul's next door neighbor tried to kill him. Why? Because they disagree on health care? Geez. I'm not saying it's only liberals attacking conservatives. I know it goes all ways. Just the first thing that comes to mind of people that need to chill out.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't put much stock in the SPLC. Anymore they are looking like a hate group. It seems all you have to do to be labeled a hate group is not being PC and be a conservative. Yet they won't label Antifa as a hate group but they will an Evangelist.

Conservatives sign letter warning media against Southern Poverty Law Center

Southern Poverty Law Center ‘hate group’ label hit in evangelicals’ lawsuit

Southern Poverty Law Center Gets Creative to Label 'Hate Groups'

Southern Poverty Law Center condemns antifa, but won't call hate group

Godsmirror

Registered Member
I would hope some really smart person could nail down what causes this and put a stop to it.
Knock on my door and I'll open it. :D

It's a cultural thing.

We are not the only country in the world with democracy and guns.

Every country has their own culture.

1 + 1 = 2. It's a cultural thing.

The glorification of violence in movies, television and video games. Welcome to America.

A growing frustration in our government and the sinking feeling that little that we do will have an impact. Welcome to America

The fact that a firearm is a quick and effective way of solving our problems. Welcome to America.

An education system that is more and more against learning and is more and more getting less funding. The system is making our children dumb in this regard. Welcome to America

30 day supplies of Oxycodone written up in ER's for a broken toe. Welcome to America.

An opioid crisis where hundreds of people are overdosing on scripts every day. Possibly thousands. We are drugging ourselves into oblivion at the behest of company CEO's looking to buy a new yacht. Welcome to America.

News outlets that report on bad news for the sake of ratings. It's a fact. There are far more good people in America than bad and crime rates across the board have been declining since the '90's.But you wouldn't know that by listening to the news. And at this point we are so used to seeing and hearing about violence, that we take the news at face value. That, and since most people have substandard education, their critical thinking skills are sorely lacking. And if they did have those skills, chances are good that they are on some prescription or another that numbs those skills. The upcoming generation is the 140 (now 280) characters or less generation for a reason. Another example of a quick fix. Like firearms. Welcome to America.

Our regard for our fellow humans have reached a new low, and we get that outlook from our government and business leaders. Most of us are sheep with retarded devils as our shepherd.........and we just don't seem to care. Welcome to America.
___________________________________________________________________________________

Just for the record though, we need more people like the Good Samaritan in Texas who engaged the gunman and effectively stopped him. We need more good people like him to stand up, take charge and not put up with the bullshit anymore. Welcome to America?