• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Commonality between these attacks?

Carmelita

Registered Member
There has got to be something common between these attacks. Is it mental illness? If so, what can be done about it? I'm just wondering because it seems to be an ever-growing phenomenon. I would hope some really smart person could nail down what causes this and put a stop to it.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
While mental illness can be a possibility in some of those tragedies, it's an easy scapegoat for pro-gun aficionados who refuse to see the reality because of their right to bear arms. Something so entrenched in the US Constitution that they're unwilling to make compromises - not straight out bans here, COMPROMISES - to avoid such tragedies.

But, hey, who am I anyway, I'm just a Canadian.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Other countries have mentally ill people, and they don't have mass shootings.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
It's a fact that mass shootings does not happen in any other first world nation at anywhere remotely near the rate it does in the United States.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
And the US has triple or more the population they do.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
The common factor is evil. I don't care if you're mentally ill or not. An illness can't make you pick up a rifle and storm a church. The world is just more evil. Hate, murder, greed, fame, racism... You see it in entertainment, drugs, abortion, depression..
Banning certain guns is not going to fix anything. First There is the dark web where any weapon can be purchased. Second there are many ways to kill. A truck loaded with fertilizer would have killed as many Or more.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
So I guess when Native Americans slaughtered rival tribes, they used the Second Amendment protections to keep their guns? When the Moors and the Vikings slaughtered conquered entire conquered villages, they used AR's as well? How about when the Mayans and the Aztecs slaughtered villages and used whatever survivors there were as human sacrifice, they used AR's as well? How about when the Spanish conquered the Aztecs and Mayans and slaughtered thousands of indigenous people, AR as well? How about when Americans slaughtered the Native Americans, did they use AR's as well? How about when Hitler killed over 6 million Jews, did they use AR's as well? And use the Second Amendment as justification for them? How about Stalin, and the over 20 million he slaughtered? Or Pol Pot?

It's amazing to me how so many keep missing it all and keep referring to "You guys just love the Constitution, herp derp" arguments.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I don't care if I sound crazy. The second amendment was put there to protect against an oppressive government. I'm not willing to give that up by limiting myself to single shot rifles and handguns. Thank God most people agree with that sentiment.