The Coin Flip

What would you do?

• Total voters

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't care how this situation comes up, make up a story if that helps you better. Somehow you are talking to somebody who has the ability to grant one of the following scenarios:

1. You get a billion dollars.
2. Some low life snob you can't stand gets a billion dollars and you will have to work for this person for the rest of your life. Granted, you'll make what you're making now with normal raises but the person will constantly be rubbing their wealth in your face and being a jerk to you. The worst boss ever, basically.

The catch? You have to call a coin flip for it.

You have two options:

1. Take part in the coin flip.
2. Leave and everything stays the same.

Last edited:
Leave and everything stays the same. I'm not a big risk taker when it's 50/50, and I can't think of a worse career than one I'm stuck in, especially since I'd apparently hate the snobby boss.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
FLIP IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I've always said I can work 8 hours a day with the Devil if I had to. Bring that bitch on, I aint skeered of working with someone like that. Hell try working with my dad... you basically described him anyway :hah:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What would prevent you from quitting the job? Do you become this person's slave? I mean, if it's an ordinary job, I would flip the coin. If you have to do anything the person wants (I'm thinking extreme things), then I wouldn't.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
What would prevent you from quitting the job? Do you become this person's slave? I mean, if it's an ordinary job, I would flip the coin. If you have to do anything the person wants (I'm thinking extreme things), then I wouldn't.
2. Some low life snob you can't stand gets a billion dollars and you will have to work for this person for the rest of your life. Granted, you'll make what you're making now with normal raises but the person will constantly be rubbing their wealth in your face and being a jerk to you. The worst boss ever, basically.
Taken from the context in which Brix has written it I'm presuming that as part of the mystical agreement you are essentially bound in servitude. What I want to know is if would be possible to just do a piss poor job and get fired?

For me I'd flip the coin only because a billion dollars is just to good to pass up. Worst case scenario I have to deal with the same kind of boss I have come in contact with before. I make too good of money to try and find another job so I'd be stuck regardless with no desire to try and get fired.

I'm not a gambler, and the money isn't important enough for me to spend the rest of my life working for some miserable bastard that I made rich.
Nope, wouldn't take the chance.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I'd definitelt flip the coin.

I either get a Billion Dollars or a secure job for life, even if it means working for a jerk.

It's a no lose situation in my eyes.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I would rather not flip the coin.

I just couldnt work with for someone that was being a jerk, it would make my life a nightmare.