Movies The Clerks collection.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I recently started getting into Kevin Smith movies, and my favourite is Dogma. Yesterday, however, I watched Clerks, Smiths first movie. I thought it was one of the funniest 90-odd minuted I have ever spent. It wasn't just the situations, or the dialogue (both of which were equally good), it was the fact that the main characters, Dante and Randall, could have been real people and they were making a doccumentary.

YouTube - Clerks Movie Trailer

I wondered what any of you thought about it, if you had seen it?

Also, I was wondering whether or not to see Clerks II. I've heard good things about it, but I'm afraid it might taint the original if it turns out to be sub-par. If anyone has seen it can you please let me know what it's like? The trailer makes it look kind of good, but I know trailers can be misleading.

YouTube - Official Clerks II Trailer

Finally, I also wondered if anyone has seen Clerks: The animated series? It only lasted for 6 episodes, and I've only seen one or two episodes, but those episodes were quite good (I didn't have high expectations watching them, so that's probably why).

YouTube - Alternative Clerks Animated Trailer

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Clerks rock! I have them all as unrated directors cuts even the cartoon clerks. I am a huge fan of the Kevin Smith movies (so much that I have the Stunt prop Bongsaber from Jay and silent Bob strikes Back).

It's hard to believe that the clerks movie was made on such a low budget and became such a Huge Cult classic. I first saw the movie in the theaters and loved it and had a pirate copy of the movie for the longest time before they released it on VHS (back when you had to wait a year or 2 or 3 for a movie to come out fore sale on VHS). I know a guy who acts just like Randal, he makes me laugh big time.

If you haven't seen Clerks or Clerks 2 you need to get out from under that rock and rent it.

wooly

I am the woolrus
I've never really been a huge fan of Kevin Smith. 'Mallrats' and 'Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back' were ok, but i HATED 'Dogma' and 'Chasing Amy'.

However i saw Clerks II the last day and i thought it was absolutely brilliant. Really great film. Planning to see the first one whenever i get a chance. Supposedly Clerks II is the better of the two though.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I've only seen Dogma, which was pretty funny lol. I'd give Clerks a go, but I've never seen them on TV or for sale/rent or anything. :dunno:

Bananas

Endangered Species
I prefered Clerks over Clerk 2, I found the toilet humour a little over whelming in the sequel at times.

My favourite Kevin Smith movie is Jay and Silent Bob Stike back, the Will Farrell Orangutan diner scene is brilliant and has me in stiches everytime.

WesJones87

RayzorBlade87
I've also never seen any Kevin Smith movie other than Dogma on the telly, Chaos, but if you nip down to your local HMV then they'll probably have them in. That's where I got Dogma and Clerks from, and where I plan to get the others from.

n3wt

Registered Member
I would check play.com or ebay for the dvds Chaos, I love all Kevin Smith's movies and my favorite is possibly Mall Rats :hah: