The Clash

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jeanie, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

I came across a few Clash videos while searching for Duran Duran videos for Ice's thread.

I'd say they're probably the most underappreciated bands of the 80s, considering that Rock the Casbah is about the only Clash tune that gets any airplay, with the rare exception of Train in Vain.

My favorite is Straight to Hell
    YouTube - STRAIGHT TO HELL

Rebeccaaa likes this.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I like that song a lot! It's definitely my favourite by them.

I'd never heard of the band until about a year ago when some random French dude wouldn't shut up about them. And then I realised it was them who sang Rock the Casbah.. I never knew that before then.

3. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

:faint:

you of all people. I figured you'd have been a fan since birth.

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm not a huge fan of them, but I like a couple of their songs. I've never heard that song you posted Jeanie. :shifteyes: But in saying that i've only just recently started appreciating older bands.

5. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Eh, up until about 2/3 years ago I never heard of half the bands I listen to today :hah:

6. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

This shouldn't surprise anyone but I am a fan of The Clash, they have a lot of great songs, my favorite from this band is Should I Stay or Should I go, it's a great sing along song. Man I wish I was this age when all these great songs were released.

7. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

The Clash is such a great band; and a little trivia, the lead singer of my favorite band, 311 (Nick Hexum); his favorite band is The Clash.

8. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

This is a band I was lucky enough to catch twice. IMO, London Calling, Sandinista!, and Combat Rock were three of the most significant presses of the decade.

It's one of mine, too. :-/ They played a haunting version near the end of their set at US Festival '83 - and damned if I didn't just find it! (God bless that 'Tube)

YouTube - The Clash - Straight To Hell

9. Shooting_Palanx

Shooting_Palanx The Rock is cooking atm..

Decent band, decent songs.

They were cool in my book.

Definitely love their cover of "I fought the law".

10. ExpectantlyIronic

ExpectantlyIronic e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑

Whenever I think of The Clash, I think Should I Stay or Should I Go and London Calling. Solid stuff.