• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Chips/Fries Thread.

French chips.

• Total voters

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Not to be confused with my other chips thread. That was before I converted to British.

So yeah, I'm sure this has been done before and stuff. I feel I need to be more involved though and I been talking about chips lately with quite a few people, so here goes:

Answer your favourite in the poll, then feel free to name any restaurants that serve it, or how you prep/cook. Fryer? Bake? How often? With what?

If it's not in the poll, select other and explain. I'm sure I missed a few.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I voted 'other' because I love fat chips. The kind you get in restaurants where you only get about five in the bowl because they're so thick.

My dad used to make the best chips in the world before chip pans became a fire hazard lawl. They banned them.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
that was a really tough choice and I changed my mind at the last minute but I guess my original vote went through. Cheese fries ftw because the only thing better than deep fried carbs are deep fried carbs with more fat on top of them. But cheese fries have to be with cheese sauce, not just melted cheddar.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I voted 'other' because I love fat chips. The kind you get in restaurants where you only get about five in the bowl because they're so thick.

My dad used to make the best chips in the world before chip pans became a fire hazard lawl. They banned them.
I really love the thick ones too. Here we call them steak fries. So yummy.

I don't really prepare them at home that often, but when I do I'll peel and slice potatoes, and then saute them with onions in virgin olive oil.

Impact

V.I.P.
I went with steak/wedges, because I absolutely love wedges. Especially with some kind of spicy coating dipped in sour cream and sweet chilli sauce. Yummy

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I love curly, cheesy, seasoned, and steak/wedges. All the others are good too, except I don't know what waffle chips are.

edit: Googled it. They look good.

Last edited:

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I really love the thick ones too. Here we call them steak fries. So yummy.

I don't really prepare them at home that often, but when I do I'll peel and slice potatoes, and then saute them with onions in virgin olive oil.
mmmmmm..steak fries......

This is tough, I wanted to anwer all of the above. I would have to go with steak fries though, they are my fav.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of French Fries. The only time I'll eat them is if it's in a Poutine, or the ones that my mother makes. I basically don't eat Fries at all in restaurants, I much rather have something else as my side dish.

The one that I dislike the most though is wedge fries, I refuse to eat those.