• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

TV The Cape

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
The Cape (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

I just got done watching this show and I freaking love it. The entire show is very well casted and written. It is going to replace Fringe after Chuck on Mondays and I couldn't be happier about it. I hated Fringe and this is a much higher quality show. Did anyone else catch the premiere?

Oh, and yay, Summer Glau.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I definitely wanted to see the premier but was watching a pro wrestling PPV. I'll be watching in On Demand very soon!

Glad to hear it turned out well. Some previews made it look epic, some low-grade. It's pretty easy for me to like a Super Hero show, but it looks like it has quality.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Glad to know it's good. Despite being interested by the previews, I had some serious doubts cause 1) it's NBC and 2) I thought The Cape was a lame name. :D i'll get around to watching it in the coming days.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Chuck, as well, so Monday night's lineup will be stacked for me if this show sticks around!

Konshentz

Konshentz
Summer Glau is cute... but the show looked pretty awful. The title is definitely lame. Haha.

But who knows, I've been wrong before.

It's too bad Fringe is getting the axe, I actually liked that show.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Summer Glau is cute... but the show looked pretty awful. The title is definitely lame. Haha.

But who knows, I've been wrong before.

It's too bad Fringe is getting the axe, I actually liked that show.
I'd give it a try, Kons.

I had some free time and watched both of the first episodes on Hulu. The show exceeded my expectations, I'm a big fan! It's not some kind of TV tour de force that's going to get critical acclaim, but it's a damn good super hero show. Yes, there's corny dialogue. But there's also a solid backstory, creative and realistic (so far) villains, and a good cast. I'll definitely be watching this show and I hope it has success!

I really like the concept of The Cape not necessarily coming with a secret identity approach...the lead character is framed and presumed dead, which adds a cool "full immersion" into the hero identity.

I was worried that the look and use of The Cape as a weapon would be really stupid, but it ended up quite the opposite. It's a creative spin on a super hero, and the way that he uses the Cape to disarm and throw people, brace his falls, etc. is really cool.

The training sequence was enjoyable, despite the fact that it was unrealistically fast (this is a TV show so it really doesn't matter, but they could have emphasized the passing of time as he trained). I really liked the way that they explained his different talents being linked to Carnival acts. Again, it's quite a creative spin on a Super Hero's talents.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode!

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It's alright. I caught the first episode.

I'm also not sure why you'd think Fringe is garbage, I think it's pretty awesome. Summer Glau however . . . eh. A B-grade actress at best boosted by cult fanatics.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Is this cancelled yet? Haha. I know they cut back the order from 13 episodes to 10. That's never good. I'm kind of glad I didn't waste my time on something that probably won't have a second season.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Is this cancelled yet? Haha. I know they cut back the order from 13 episodes to 10. That's never good. I'm kind of glad I didn't waste my time on something that probably won't have a second season.
As the season progresses I'm realizing fairly quickly that the writing isn't good enough to keep this show afloat. I doubt it makes it past a second season (if it even gets one).

What a shame, too, because I thought this was going to be a good one.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
As the season progresses I'm realizing fairly quickly that the writing isn't good enough to keep this show afloat. I doubt it makes it past a second season (if it even gets one).

What a shame, too, because I thought this was going to be a good one.
Agreed, and I hate to say that with any show remotely super-heroish.

It started with a decent premise...I'm behind by two episodes (which kind of speaks for itself), but plots and dialogue just haven't been pulling me in.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Merc Video Games 0
Hilander Offbeat News 6
Dr4gon Breaking News 9
StroShow Baseball 5
Hilander Offbeat News 0