Movies The Box: Would you press the button?

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by Mirage, Jul 25, 2009.

?

Would you press the button?

1. Yes

20.0%
  2. No

80.0%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

This is kind of a two part thread. I was reading the description of this new movie called "The Box".

Apple - Movie Trailers - The Box

So, since the movie isn't coming out for a few months I figure we can at least discuss whether or not we'd press the button.

So, would you do it? I wouldn't. I couldn't justify it.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No way, not in a million years. I also think there is no way to justify it, I wouldn't even consider it.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

No.

I heard people try to justify it before with: if you press it, you could end up helping somebody like a cripple person or some starving child in Africa.

Even with that I couldn't bring myself to do it. Greed over another person's life. Na, can't do it. >.<;

4. Nevyrmoore

Nevyrmoore AKA Ass-Bandit

Question.

What are these consequences?

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

No because I wouldn't want to be responsible for taking a human life. I'd have it on my conscience for the rest of my life and I'd feel awful each time I went to spend money.

6. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Uh, well I probably would. I guess i'm just a bitch, i'm not even going to justify it.

7. generalblue

generalblue Where is my Queen?

That is a toughy right there. Recieve a million dollars to take a strangers life. I would not be able to do it. Once you press the button you will have the live the rest of your life knowing that you killed for your riches. Can't handle it.

8. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I wouldn't press the button. The movie is based on a short story called Button, Button and in the 1985 version of The Twilight Zone there was an episode based on that story.

9. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Oh, so something like The Dark Knight would happen where...
    You press the button and your own ship blows up? In this instance you press the button and YOU die?

10. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I would definitely press it. Especially if I was to never hear of the person's death.

Little fun fact: Part of this movie was filmed in my hometown, sort of close to my high school. Passed it going to school.