The book that changed half of my life.

• Thread starter ~KanameChidori~
  • Start date
K

~KanameChidori~

This book 'No Body's Perfect' By Kimberly Kirberger changed my life and the way I feel about myself. This book let me know that not only me was having this problems in life. Here is what this book is about: Do you love your body? That may seem like a pretty crazy question, given all the reasons you've been given not to love your body- pictures of stick-thin models everywhere you look, a million commercials for weightloss plans on TV, and tons of magazine articles telling how to THINK THIN! Tweeze Those Brows! Trim That Tummy!! But what about learning to accept,appreciate, and love your body just the way it is? Because its a part of you, and when you love yourself, you love every part of yourself. Even the parts that arnt "perfect".
Kimberly Kirberger, co-author of the best-selling CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE TEENAGE SOUL books and a renowned expert on teen issues, addresses the topic of body image in LOVING YOUR BODY / LOVING YOURSELF. Many problems in girls' lives stem from a lack of self-esteem and self-love: eating disorders, depression, drug use, and more. Through powerful stories and poems from real teens, as well as personal tales and advice from the author, this book strives to help girls learn to accept, love, and appreciate their bodies--and, in turn, to love themselves

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
Women face a harsh reality today. Perfection is pretty much expected where it would be defined as thin, clean, well-endowed, and submissive. We are taught every single day how to look, feel, and think. It even took me a fair amount of time to convince myself that I shouldn't care about the views of others. Once I realized that I didn't need to rely on everyone else's opinions, my life changed for the better. I'm now in college and have a GPA much higher than high school, I have a girlfriend, and I feel confidence I've never had. The impact of the media is great and it's effects are felt far and wide (which they don't want your body to be). It is quite an interesting topic to study however (culture and society that is).