• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Blues official thread

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
if rap/hip hop gets its own thread, the blues deserves one.

Does anyone have Sirius satellite radio? BB King's Bluesville (Sirius 74) is awesome. Every once in a while they'll play multiple covers of a song. Most recently it was Smokestack Lightnin. I really liked the Yardbirds' version, but my favorite will probably always be Howlin Wolf's

YouTube - Runco's Weekly Music - Howlin' Wolf - Smokestack Lightnin'

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I use to listen to the Watercolors station on XM. That kind of smooth jazz, I can listen to. I can't do straight up blues. I'm a folk guy mostly.

I can listen to alternative blues stuff, like modern singer-songwriters. Mostly the female lounge type singers. Namely Katie Melua, Nick Cave, and Melody Gardot.

Puck

Registered Member
A really good family friend is friends with BB King, so I've met him a few times.
I'm definitely a fan.

Muddy Waters.
Billie Holiday. <3
Nick Cave.

My Dad and I sometimes consider Eric Clapton blues-y.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately I've never given the Blues a chance. I've heard a few songs here and there that I enjoyed, but I never expanded my search when it comes to the Blues.

If anyone could help me get started by posting a few songs that they enjoy it would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I love John William Coultrane's Soultrane record. He was actually the reason I chose to play the saxophone in high school. Simply, a brilliant composer. My favorite has to be "You Say You Care" Again, I'd love to put the video up, but I'm in class :D

Last edited: