The blessings of online voting

Bjarki

Registered Member
AMSTERDAM, Netherlands, Dec. 17 (UPI) -- A Dutch dictionary company says Web visitors have voted "swaffelen" -- an English slang verb meaning to swing one's exposed penis -- as the word of the year.

Van Dale Publishers said swaffelen, which more specifically requires the penis in question to swing toward or bump against another person or object to qualify, topped the list of nominees by receiving 57 percent of the 16,000 online votes, Expatica reported Tuesday.

Lexicologist Ton den Boon said that while the word originated in English-speaking areas, its origins are believed to be tied to Dutch translations of swing, sway and sweep plus German words for tail and penis.

The dictionary company said the second-place finisher for word of the year was "wiien" -- to play video games on the Nintendo Wii. Third was "bankendomino," an all-in-one metaphor for the recent economic phenomenon of banks falling like dominoes.
*schwing* :mischievous:

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I always just called it the woo woo dance. Mainly because I would hear "woo woo" while this action was being performed.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
Apparently the term comes from some video of a Dutch kid doing it to the Taj Mahal in India. Sooooo... still not sure how this is an English slang term. :confused:

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Swaffeling is the way to drive the woman (or if you prefer man, such as some dubious characters) of your dreams to new unprecedented heights and fabulous moments of pleasure. Only men can practice this erotic expression (women also, provided that they are in the possession of sex toys).

The swaffel stands or falls with an important factor. The swaffeller must be in the possession of a so-called top-heavy penis. This means that the penis must not be fully stiffened, though it mustn't be soft either. Top-heavy is a state in which the penis hangs approximately horizontally, and it in which is possible to swing with the penis. Then, take the object to be swaffeled (by preference women's bottom, leg or breast) and slap it gently. Do not hit too hard to prevent bruises and broken bones.

History:
Adam and Eve appear to have done it, the Romans enjoyed it very much on their 40 years lasting journey through the desert, the Jews enjoyed it...
And then in the early middle ages, the noble art of swaffeling was lost. Many feared that the swaffel phenomenon had been taken away forever from mankind, however, on a booze-holiday in Blanes a group of youngsters rediscovered swaffeling, and even perfected it!
Hebbben we weer lekker zitten swaffelen.
To be swaffeled.
To swaffel.
I swaffel, you swaffel, we swaffel.
Ok..ay.

"Like... you know... whatever."

Bjarki

Registered Member
Apparently the term comes from some video of a Dutch kid doing it to the Taj Mahal in India. Sooooo... still not sure how this is an English slang term. :confused:
Me neither.. i can make out the swinging/swaying part is English, but that's about it. German 'schwanz' could be involved too, but that's about it.

Btw. The kid got kicked from school for this. And, as much as I value freedom, I find it hard to disagree.. It's probably the most beautiful building in the world. :shake: