• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The biggest bastards in all of tv & film, and why?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
To be described a "bastard" in this context means the villain is an enthusiastic villain. Glad to be a villain, and went way beyond the call of duty.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
I'll start with The Governor from Walking Dead. He's a psycho of the highest order. He lies without hesitation or remorse. any more information would constitute a spoiler, so I'll stop there, but if you've seen WD through the end of the third season, you know what I mean.

Sabby

Jeanie said:
I'll start with The Governor from Walking Dead. He's a psycho of the highest order. He lies without hesitation or remorse. any more information would constitute a spoiler, so I'll stop there, but if you've seen WD through the end of the third season, you know what I mean.

Agreed he's definitely the best on TV right now

Rehmo

I kinda wanna say Skyler... Now I know she not a villan but I think she takes a little happiest out making Walt suffer. Plus I really hate the woman (just the character not Anna Gunn. I actually think Gunn does an amazing job).

But a true villan I say Hannible. Just finished that first season of that show and man oh man does he do a fantasic job. So evil people think hes GOOD haha love it.

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
I don't watch a lot of TV shows that have a bastard type character but if I had to pick someone I'd pick Clay from Sons of Anarchy. The guy is arrogant, egomaniac and only cares for his own self. Last season I kinda felt bad for him as his world was crumbling but previous seasons to that one he made my blood boil.

Iris

rainbow 11!
UGH. FUCKING JOFFREY. He's he biggest cunt in existence. Seriously, he is evil and twisted and just a huge fucking cunt.

Please excuse my language, I hate him. The actor that plays him is quite lovely, though.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Yeah, Rehmo, Skyler is a huge bitch. I'm only a little bit into season three but I already can't stand her.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I was gonna come in here and say The Governor from The Walking Dead, but I see that's already been done. The actor who plays him REALLY does the character justice. He's probably the best manipulative psycho on TV today.

For movies, I'd definitely go for Lee Woo-Jin from Oldboy. The guy is simply insane. Not only is he a billionaire master manipulator, but everything he does to Oh-Dae Su in the movie, no matter how small, is not without reason. Everything falls into the bigger picture.

Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs, I'm surprised he hasn't been mentioned yet, is one of my favorite villains of all time. Completely ruthless and belligerent, with no remorse towards anyone what so ever.

A few others would include Alex DeLarge from A Clockwork Orange, The Joker from The Dark Knight, Max Cady from Cape Feare (I can't decide whether Robert Mitchum's version is better or if Robert De Niro's is... they both had their merits) and lastly, Frank Booth from Blue Velvet.