• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

GameBoy The Big Boy

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I've owned three of these tanks in my lifetime, and let me tell you, they're just that. Just like every other Game Boy, these babys can take a beating. Battery life leaves something to be desired, but I know for the few years I had one before GBP came out, it was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, it's hilarious to even look at the old Game Boy now. It looks so weird. I had some good times with that thing. It's pretty busted up now though, I don't think it still works.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
even if you busted the screen, I bet you 10 to 1 that it will still power up...

People have left there gameboys out in blizzards... didnt find them till the show all thawed... and those still worked.

I have had a clear orinigal GB since I was 16. bought it for a vacation... Only have 4 total games for ir, because I didnt have use for a handheld... and I stopped useing it as soon as the Super Gameboy came out... my kids have used it until I got them GBA's

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The screen cover came off a long time ago. Screen is still fine though. Power doesn't work, even with new batteries in there. Definitely busted. It did last a while though. Well-built piece of equipment.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I remember the original Game Boy only from playing the ones my friends had. I never got one, but eventally went with the Sega alternative instead. I wouldn't mind getting ahold of an original Game Boy for collectors sake. I wonder how many there are left in mint condition. I bet it's worth some good money actually. :)

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Check E-bay. They're pretty cheap, actually. That's probably mostly due to the fact that there was so many of them made that it really isn't hard to come by one.

SamusAran86

Registered Member
one of the shops I used to go to had like 10 of them. all in great condition... so I would have to say they are highly available in prett good condition

Wrecked

Registered Member
i have one that's in great condition still. i bought it off of one of my friends while in high school. i got it because i already had a gameboy color, and was looking for another gameboy so i could play head-to-head tetris [ i'm a tetris fan ].

now that huge thing sits in my drawer along side with my GBC. i have a SP that i bought from one of my friends and only have 1 game for it [ golden sun 2 ] and my bro has it right now.

Gamechamp

Registered Member
I've got one in my closet that from what I rememebr, is pretty much in new condition, excluding some dust.. I never used it because I already had a GBP when I got it. My cousin forgot it here years ago, and he's never taken it back.