The Big Apple

Discussion in 'Travel, Points & Rewards' started by pro2A, May 27, 2009.

1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Anyone ever been to New York City? I plan on going there before I leave NJ for a day. I'm only 15 minutes from downtown Manhattan.

What did or didn't you like about it? Sights? Restaurants? People?

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've never been there, but I heard great things about it. I would love to go there for many reasons, the biggest one would be seeing a baseball game at the New Yankee Stadium.

I also wouldn't mind going to a few bars down there, but I heard it was crazy expensive. But I wouldnt mind paying it to be honest with you, because I know I would have a good time if I went with my buddies.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You should go there. I have been there maybe 7 or 8 times and it is awesome each time.

Go to Times Square for one (at night is a must). Go see the Empire State building too if you can (you can go up to the top during the day but at night you can see it from the street and it looks awesome). Once when I was there when I was younger I went and saw the World Trade Center. Obviously that's a no go though...

If you want a nice place to eat, head to the Olive Garden in Times Square and ask for a window seat on the third floor. Go at night. It's cool to just sit there and relax and watch everything going on outside.

Oh, and bring your phone and post from it. You can go stand in various areas and wave to us:

Times Square Cam - EarthCam

That's just one of several webcams that stream Times Square live. Search the net and you'll find probably 100 or more.

One thing I'd like to do there is go see a NBA game at Madison Square Garden. You won't be able to do that right now though.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  4. Shaggy

Shaggy Registered Member

Why do they call it the big apple?...i never got that

5. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I'm hoping to go to NYC next summer to visit some friends who just moved there.

6. AwkwardlyYours

AwkwardlyYours Registered Member

Umm... I'm a Broadway Nerd. So I go all the time. I love the shows. And also I love Bubba Gump Shrimp.. even though I hate shrimp... I also love the Stardust Diner (Amazing food and entertainment)

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

Wiki is your friend: Big Apple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I've never been to New York but it's one of the places I hope to visit in the future. The buildings fascinate me.

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I went about 15 years ago. I admit I did not like it, everything was a little to over whelming for the senses. Im not a fan of the city as it is and the hustle and bustle of Manhattan was too much. I missed the natural noises, smells and light that I am so used to.

9. ancredelamour

ancredelamour Registered Member

I've been in New York but never to NYC. I would looooove to go though, just to see some cool pokemon place that is there, haha, and maybe some plays too.

10. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!