The best short story I have ever read

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Pop Art by Joe Hill. It's clever and original and weird and touching, and I highly recommend it. It's in the collection 20th Century Ghosts; if you can get your hands on a copy of it, definitely read it. :nod:
------
And if you haven't heard of Joe Hill, then surely you've heard of his father - Stephen King.

Last edited:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Yeah I haven't heard of Joe Hill. I like him already for not using King, the way Carol Higgins Clark did (when her mom, Mary, was famous in the same field).

I haven't seen a copy of that anywhere, but I do own both Heart-Shaped Box and Horns. Although I haven't read either. I prefer short stories most of the time anyways.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
You own books that you've never read? interesting.

I'd like to read Heart Shaped Box but my library doesn't have it.

You own books that you've never read? interesting.

I'd like to read Heart Shaped Box but my library doesn't have it.
I usually hit the book store and buy whatever looks good... then I try and pick them off one-by-one, but lately I have been seriously slacking on reading... and writing for that matter.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I would go with Young Goodman Brown by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I had to read it for an English in Grade 12. The thing is that I never quite understood the theme of the story, so kinda always stayed with me. Meaning, I re-read it a few times, turns out its about the evil in human nature, how once we discover the meaning of the word "good", we're not so "good" anymore. It's an extremely thought provoking story. So, I'd go with that one :D