• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies The Best Santa Claus Actor?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Who do you consider the best actor to play Santa in a movie or movies?

I personally thought Tim Allen did a great job in the Santa ClausE movies. I can't really think of many other Santa movies I've seen though.

I'm a Tim Allen fan in general though and like several of his movies. Was also a big fan of Home Improvement back when it was on.

Last edited:

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
funny - I was just looking for a pic of Tim Allen as Santa Clause for my avatar. I was thinking the exact thing you said about Allen. He seems like a good, decent guy. He's always funny without being vulgar.

-pm me if you run across a good photo of Allen wearing the all red Santa long johns.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No doubt in my mind that Tim Allen has been the best movie actor to portray Father Chrismas. I enjoyed all of his three movies, and I really hope he decides to make another one in the near future.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Yeah i liked Tim Allen in the Santa Claus movies,but i also really liked Richard Attenborough in Miracle on 34th street.
I cant really decide who i think did a better job!.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Richard Attenborough was good in Miracle on 34th, I'll give you that but I guess when it comes down to it I think Tim Allen looked more like how I envision Santa looking.

I mean come on:

He nailed it if you ask me.

wolfheart

Registered Member
There is no denying he had the look down perfect,but Attenborough had a certain,i dont know,softness in his portrayal,but between the two films i will always go for the one starring Mr Allen,as i like the comedy.

wolfheart

Registered Member
Im the same as you,i cant think of any other famous ones apart from Bad Santa
------
Just thought of one,the original Santa Claus the movie starring Dudley Moore the guy who played Santa in that,David Huddleston he was fairly good if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
I was just passing by, when I saw the thread title, and was all like, "oh, I'm totally going to go in there, and say 'Tim Allen!' and watch everyone agree with me!"

:worried:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Richard Attenborough from Miracle on 34th street.