• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Best of Subtalk

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
So since subtalk seems to be the topic of choice in the thread about GF, I figured a thread reminiscing about past funny subtalk things that people remember would help cheer people up. Also, it would help remind me of some of the antics we used to pull. Bitching ain't gonna make us interested in subtalk. The only reason it seems changed is because we've stopped posting, not because it sucks or anything. I don't mind how it is now, but lets talk about things of the past that we can bring back again that were funny also. Lets broaden the horizons of subtalk once again and bring it back to its original glory as the place to be on GF.

So things that i remember.

My random drunken poems
my random drunken songs
my random drunken 'get in chat' songs and poem threads
(yes, I've been slacking. blame me for subtalk sucking :p)

I remember that thread expectantlyironic made that one time, yelling at us canadians to take our geese back haha.

remember shoe poo Tucker? haha.

Ice's recipes.

Swifts random negs.

what about the random fake callouts that used to happen?

I remember random threads about people talking about their day. Now it all funnels into RTT. Let it out of its cage people! MORE RANDOM THREADS!!!

So what do you guys remember about subtalk? any memorable moments? What do you like best about subtalk? What would you like to see?

Also, I'm beginning my booze buzz. Any bitching going on in this thread will have to deal with a bitchrant from me. I won't tolerate negativity in this thread. Talk about good memories. Talk about funny ideas of things to do. DO NOT! bitch about shit that you think sucks. That's not what this thread is for.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
my fingers smell like fish.
------
oh and I was always a fan of the mock threads.
------
that and when EA (I think it was EA) would go on the Auto-merge races.
------
I liked those also. but then again
------
I dont think we get enough traffic for those to be as fun as they used to be.

Last edited:

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
I miss any thread that used to have goofiness, silliness and some stupidity inside.

I also miss some of Tuck's goofy threads but I don't remember the names. I just remember the posting style lol.

And yeah ... I too miss Swift's negative air around the forum lololol
------
I also miss my nonsense posting style. I didn't use to make any sense back in the day lolol.
[Not that I make any more sense now hahaha .. .:p]
I just miss being random and silly.

Last edited:

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
I'm a closet fan of the mock threads too, though I know quite a few don't like 'em. It makes me laugh because I was always thinking the same.
Having said that, people still make mock threads, so I don't miss them.

the best of subtalk is also still around, and that my friends, is the RTT.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
lol icegoat! haha. I never was hear for the automerge races.

Yah, we still do mock threads from time to time. But there was a few months where we were doing them so much we killed them. We've had to cut back and be sparing about them again.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
There was the Auto-Merge Races, and there was also that time where Storm and I were jumping people with Animated GIF's.

I dont remember who we were running off, it was like Valentin or someone useless who didnt belong in Subtalk. Everytime they'd make a thread.... Storm and I would spam it with post after post of 30 (of the same) Animated gifs.

Those were good times... some of my fondest actually :hah:

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
yah, we don't do enough image spamming in subtalk. I think that's going to be my new tactic in drama threads haha. If I think a threads going nowhere, time to bring out the dinosaurs!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Speaking of Storm, I laughed hard when he created another account and started talking to himself in a thread created here. That was awesome.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
YES! I remember the Dinosaurs.

Friggin Dinosaurs with Friggin laser beans on their Friggin heads!

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yah haha. Those random moments are great, even if they are against the rules :lol:

I mean, random threads are funny and I love em, but we need more antics! I shall antic up this place!