The best language learning app

Interis

Registered Member
What name popped in your head after reading the title? Is it Duolingo or Memrise? I was wondering which one would be better for a casual learner like me. I finally chose Duolingo to study Japanese and I'm enjoying it so far. I like how it's divided into segments with customizable daily targets.

Now I wonder if Memrise is worth my time or if there are better apps to check out there.

Pepper

Registered Member
I have had a lot of success with Duolingo. The app has a huge selection of languages and you don't just learn words. It helps you make sentences and learn some grammar too. It really helped me improve my Turkish.

Interis

Registered Member
I have had a lot of success with Duolingo. The app has a huge selection of languages and you don't just learn words. It helps you make sentences and learn some grammar too. It really helped me improve my Turkish.
Good to know that! I had studied Japanese briefly in high school and self-teaching from books, so when I got on Duolingo I already had some basics to start with. I agree on grammar, although it's not as well-structured as printed books. Have you finished your Turkish course? I only have a few chapters left for Japanese and I wonder what I should do when it's completed.