• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The best horror game ever and why?

General-G

Registered Member
What do u think is the best horror game ever and why?
Imo its the suffering and its sequel,becoz of its dark atmosphere and story,and of course because of its extreme gore,also it is completely about supernatural things instead of "bio weapons or accidents",wat about u?

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Suffering was lame and gore is a poor reason to call it good.

Silent Hill is easily the most frightening (although I've heard Fatal Frame is pretty damn good too) but Resident Evil 4 is easily the best survival horror game created, no questions asked.

viLky

ykLiv
Clock Tower for me. Scissorman would pop out at you throughout the game and that scared the s out of me. I usually end up getting stabbed, too. Heh. A great horror game even to this day.

padd

Registered Member
I am not a fan of horror, but I have played Silent Hill (1,2) and Resident Evil (0,1,4). I didn't really like them, I found Silent Hills rather slow so I stopped playing them very early, the Resident Evil games were funner, Resident Evil 0 kept me glued until the end, that game was best. Good storyline (better than most games now that I think of it) great graphics, the gameplay was alright, as most horror games are.

General-G

Registered Member
I actually care more about the story in a horror game than the graphic,thats why suffering's graphic didnt make me dislike it,coz its story is amazing,while resident evil got more graphics and(imo)a lame story,its more action than horror..

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
If you like story, Silent Hill is the best. The Suffering really was not all that great. It was B-grade at best. Resident Evil's story is simple but effective. Also, padd, how the heck did 0 keep you more occupied than 4? 0 was a pain in the dick and just as enjoyable.

padd

Registered Member
Also, padd, how the heck did 0 keep you more occupied than 4? 0 was a pain in the dick and just as enjoyable.
0 kept me more occupied just because of it's original dual system. I have not played much games on Gamecube, but Resident Evil 0 ranks as one of my tops. It had a movie-like storyline and graphics. I assume the pain in the dick would be the gameplay? I defined that as challenging.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
It was far from original with two interchangeable players. Also, that "I defined it as a challenge" comment was cute. Not hard to see through that. RE0 had great graphics and all, but the gameplay was a perfect port of the first RE remake on Gamecube but with some half-assed switching mechanic added in. RE4 had a lot more to offer and was a lot tougher (in a realistic sense).