• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The Best Baseball Player?

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Who do you think that is the best player of Baseball. It can be old players and the currents. But remember, you must include a article of your choosen best player, their stats, achievements, et cetera

The best player for me has to be Satchel Paige because he was a legend. He had the best career, played for many teams including Kansas City Monarchs, Red Sox, Yankees, and many other teams. He is the first Negro that has been introduced to Baseball Hall Of Fame on August 9, 1971. And when he retired his biggest disappointed was that he never pitched to Babe Ruth. It is estimated that he has over 300 Career Shutouts and over 2000 wins which included 21 straight wins and 64 straight scoreless innings. In 1999 he was ranked 99th in Top 100 The Best Baseballers in the world. When he was 12, he was sent to Industrial School for Negro Children because he attemped to shop lift. His name, Satchel come from his neighbour after Satchel was carrying the train bags and was about to steal one.

Ok, Enough from me, now it's your turn.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Ted Williams for his balance and dominant play. The last player to hit .400, and in the most difficult era to do it in.

Defensively, I'd go with Brooks Robinson, who won something like 16 Gold Gloves playing third. Also Johnny Bench is of note for playing catcher, a damn hard position.

C

Cavspurs923

Albert Pujols
Hank Aaron
Stan the Man
Bob Gibson
Babe Ruth

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Albert Pujols
Hank Aaron
Stan the Man
Bob Gibson
Babe Ruth
You need to include a article like I did, their achievements, stats and other things.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I personally the best player of all time is Babe Ruth the things he did at the plate where just amazing, and he was a tremoundous pitcher has well. He might not hold the most home runs record anymore but I still consider him the best home run hitter of all time.

He also said that if he knew the game was about hitting singles he would hit close to 500.(means he would have a batting average of 500.)

T

TBT

Ted Williams for his balance and dominant play. The last player to hit .400, and in the most difficult era to do it in.
Ted Williams is a very good player, but not one of the most balanced (besides hitting, he is bad at everything). I would say Babe Ruth. Highest slugging %, very high obp, and highest OPS+ (which is one of the better stats out there, just in case you don't know what it is; it's on baseballreference.com). He also was a good pitcher, which shows how versatile his game was. Best "all-around" player would be Willie Mays. He could do everything, run the bases, field, hit for power, hit for average, etc.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ty Cobb was a great player I have to admit, he was a little nuts but he sure could hit the ball, one of the greatest hitters of all time. He played every game like it was his last, and always gave a 100%. I never seen him play, but I've read a lot about him and seen a few fotages about him, and he has impress me a lot.

M

MikeSty

Ruth is on the same level as Wayne Gretzky, Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Jerry Rice et cetera.