The avarage American dinner?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by EllyDicious, Apr 17, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

What is it?
    Is it just like breakfast or lunch or totally different?

By what time do they actually have dinner?

2. LifeinthePond

LifeinthePond Mark ov teh Pond

Depends, really. I grew up on a farm and we had a lot of pork, beef, potatoes & corn.

For city folk it's more of a ethnic variety. Mexican, Chinese, Italian. Chili, pastas, tacos, spaghetti, etc.

3. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

For dinner we usually have steak, pork or chicken of some sort. Vegetables and some kind of rice, pasta etc...

On lazy nights I'll order a pizza. Sometimes just throwing some chicken strips and fries in the oven will do the trick.

As for breakfast, I usually will eat a quick bowel of cereal at work or a donut and coffee in a pinch. Lunch at work usually entails leftovers from home or I'll hit up a deli or something for a cold cut.

4. EllyDicious

I don't think any of these is even healthy for dinner. :shifteyes:

I think dinner should contain light meals.

Here in ALbania we have cereals, or just yogurt, any salads, or eggs and any kind of jam, milk etc...

Stegosaurus likes this.
  5. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

We have a variety of foods...no day is ever the same.

Usually eat around 5:30 or 6 PM

6. EllyDicious

oh you guys eat so early.
    We have dinner around 9pm.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

America's traditional meal setup is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and large dinner. It's not the best idea, but it's just traditional. You probably come from a place where you eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day so I'd imagine it's strange.

8. idisrsly

idisrsly I'm serious V.I.P. Lifetime

That is so bizarre!! It just seems all wrong. I guess SA is westernized when it comes to our eating paterns, which is basically the same as the Americans responded.

Why do you eat dinner so late though?

9. EllyDicious

No, actually we have 3 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner but the first and the last are light.
    The medium is large and is around 3pm.

Because we have lunch after 3pm. So we can't have dinner at 6pm. [like you guys ]. While you eat lunch at 12pm so dinner at 6 makes sense.

10. Ember

Ember Registered Member

In Italy we have lunch at about 13 and dinner at 20. In summer, usually later.