The avarage American dinner?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
What is it?
Is it just like breakfast or lunch or totally different?

By what time do they actually have dinner?

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Depends, really. I grew up on a farm and we had a lot of pork, beef, potatoes & corn.

For city folk it's more of a ethnic variety. Mexican, Chinese, Italian. Chili, pastas, tacos, spaghetti, etc.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
What is it?
Is it just like breakfast or lunch or totally different?

By what time do they actually have dinner?
For dinner we usually have steak, pork or chicken of some sort. Vegetables and some kind of rice, pasta etc...

On lazy nights I'll order a pizza. Sometimes just throwing some chicken strips and fries in the oven will do the trick.

As for breakfast, I usually will eat a quick bowel of cereal at work or a donut and coffee in a pinch. Lunch at work usually entails leftovers from home or I'll hit up a deli or something for a cold cut.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I don't think any of these is even healthy for dinner. :shifteyes:

I think dinner should contain light meals.

Here in ALbania we have cereals, or just yogurt, any salads, or eggs and any kind of jam, milk etc...
America's traditional meal setup is a light breakfast, medium lunch, and large dinner. It's not the best idea, but it's just traditional. You probably come from a place where you eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day so I'd imagine it's strange.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
You probably come from a place where you eat 4-5 small meals throughout the day so I'd imagine it's strange.
No, actually we have 3 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner but the first and the last are light.
The medium is large and is around 3pm.

Why do you eat dinner so late though?
Because we have lunch after 3pm. So we can't have dinner at 6pm. [like you guys ]. While you eat lunch at 12pm so dinner at 6 makes sense.