• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The American Dream

Dabs

Registered Member
What is your idea of the American dream??

Dabs

Registered Member
Simple. The pursuit of happiness.

What's yours?
Not sure anymore~
After 2 marriages that failed, and raising 4 children, and now raising a grandchild......so much has changed.
Not sure I ever had a dream of living in a cute little house with the white picket fence with 2.5 kids *ha*
In fact, when I was younger, I recall telling my Mother I never wanted children......damn, I ended up having 4!
But I would have to go with your answer Hybrix......everybody wants to be happy.....and happiness would be nice to have :)

Bananas

Endangered Species
Simple. The pursuit of happiness.

What's yours?
Why the pursuit of happiness? .....isnt the dream the happiness rather than the pursuit of it, if your pursuing something you're never quite there.

"Some pursue happiness others create it"
-- unknown

"The pursuit of happiness is a most ridiculous phrase; if you pursue happiness you'll never find it."
-- C P Snow

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Why the pursuit of happiness? .....isnt the dream the happiness rather than the pursuit of it, if your pursuing something you're never quite there.
The end result of American Dream would ideally be happiness, but happiness is not guaranteed. The life and liberty to pursue happiness however, is guaranteed in our Constitution.

Dabs

Registered Member
The pursuit of hapiness and freedom. What is life if you have no freedom?

We wouldn't be living..or at least I wouldn't consider it living, if we didn't have freedom.