Politics The amendments in the November 2017 election.

Carmelita

Registered Member
Have you seen what they are asking us to vote on this November? Here is the short list:
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE BY 11/07!!!

1. HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
2. HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
3. HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
4. HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife
5. HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
6. HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood
7. HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
8. HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
9. HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
10. HR 808 Sanctions against Iran

They are trying to kill this country. Go vote and make our voices heard!

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
If I thought the republicans could get half of that done I would drain my bank account and give it to the republican party. Most republicans pretend to be pro-life and for school reform but it never happens.

Carmelita

Registered Member
I'm a total liberal as well and MiketheGrinder, you are so right. This list is just a nightmare. I just can't fathom removing all the programs for women's health, wildlife, education, and on and on. Do you realize that those things all came about across many decades and presidents? I wonder if Teddy or Franklin Delano Roosevelt are turning in their graves?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm not liberal. That list is mostly a fundraising list coordinated by Republicans and democrats. There are a few items like school vouchers and ending scantually cities that I think could get done to some degree.

Keri35

Registered Member
Wow! I didn't think there was this many issues to vote on. I will certainly get out there and vote. I knew the convention was a big issue this time. I just didn't know there was so much.

MissMe

Registered Member
It's crazy how much we have to vote on but it's really nothing new when switching parties. Everyone party wants some change once they get into office. Most of this won't pass but I am sure a few will. It's not that scary of a list. It could have been a lot worse!

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
Have you seen what they are asking us to vote on this November? Here is the short list:
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE BY 11/07!!!

1. HR 861 Terminate the Environmental Protection Agency
2. HR 610 Vouchers for Public Education
3. HR 899 Terminate the Department of Education
4. HJR 69 Repeal Rule Protecting Wildlife
5. HR 370 Repeal Affordable Care Act
6. HR 354 Defund Planned Parenthood
7. HR 785 National Right to Work (this one ends unions)
8. HR 83 Mobilizing Against Sanctuary Cities Bill
9. HR 147 Criminalizing Abortion (“Prenatal Nondiscrimination Act”)
10. HR 808 Sanctions against Iran

They are trying to kill this country. Go vote and make our voices heard!
It would help if you provided some information along with this list. For example, HJR 69 is NOT a repeal of the rule protecting wildlife! It was basically disapproving the rule established by the Department of the Interior that subsistence hunting should only occur if it complies with conservation needs IN ALASKA. Since many people in Alaska hunt to feed their families, this rule actually harms most of the impoverished native people who live there who live in remote areas and depend on hunting for their survival.

HR785 DOES NOT end unions. All it does is protect a worker who wishes to NOT be a part of a union from being denied employment. Not everyone wants to be part of a union, and someone should not be denied employment (a.k.a. being discriminated against) for not wanting to join.

This is a prime example of why it is important for people to research before they head to the polls.

Carmelita

Registered Member
It would help if you provided some information along with this list. For example, HJR 69 is NOT a repeal of the rule protecting wildlife! It was basically disapproving the rule established by the Department of the Interior that subsistence hunting should only occur if it complies with conservation needs IN ALASKA. Since many people in Alaska hunt to feed their families, this rule actually harms most of the impoverished native people who live there who live in remote areas and depend on hunting for their survival.

HR785 DOES NOT end unions. All it does is protect a worker who wishes to NOT be a part of a union from being denied employment. Not everyone wants to be part of a union, and someone should not be denied employment (a.k.a. being discriminated against) for not wanting to join.

This is a prime example of why it is important for people to research before they head to the polls.
Thanks for the clarity on those items. It just has me a bit overwhelmed that the Republicans and DT especially, think that our country won't stand up and say "no" to some of that. I am scared that if people are not aware of the result of not voting, we will be in big trouble.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
Thanks for the clarity on those items. It just has me a bit overwhelmed that the Republicans and DT especially, think that our country won't stand up and say "no" to some of that. I am scared that if people are not aware of the result of not voting, we will be in big trouble.
I think people are very aware of what happens when you don't vote. That is how Donald Trump got elected in the first place, and it wasn't for a lack of involvement. I think he appealed to a lot of people who watch both sides of the aisle talk out of both sides of their mouths and not get a darn thing done. Do I agree with why he was voted in? Not really, but I certainly understand it.

I am for smaller government and would love to see term limits on all branches of government, not just the executive branch. I was watching a committee hearing recently and there was only one person on the committee that was under 60! Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that people over 60 shouldn't hold office, but when most of these people have been on Capitol Hill for decades, it really becomes ridiculous. We need fresh blood and fresh ideas. So tired of the same old people (no pun) running the show.