The All-Knowing Nos Answers Your Questions About Animals

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nosferatu_Alucard, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Go ahead. Myself, having no life, spend many hours of my day watching, reading and learning about animals. I would consider myself a young guru. Ask me anything you don't know, want to know, or need to know. You can even ask questions about your pets (care, info etc). I will answer all questions to the limits of my power and knowledge.

2. Hikaru_Youkai

Hikaru_Youkai Registered Member

We're doing an ecosystem project thingy in science.

What's an example of a food web for the rainforest ecosystem?

3. Nosferatu_Alucard

A temperate rain forest or a tropical rain forest?

4. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

No....

It would be like, *Producer.*>>>>*Consumer*>>>>*Bigger consumer*>>>>*Bigger consumer.*

5. Nosferatu_Alucard

Yes, yes, yes. I know that. But that's just for a general food web, she asked for a rain forest. There's different types of rain forests, so I was just clarifying.

6. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

What you gave isn't a food web. lol I gave an example. She just puts animals that fall into the producer/consumer for the environment she is doing.

Example: Grass:worm:bird:snake:hawk (This is something I kind of did from memory. Might not be accurate.)

7. Hikaru_Youkai

A tropical rainforest.

Producer - First level consumer - (possibly) second level consumer - Scavenger.

8. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

*Nods.* I was right.

Just take animals from that environment and fill the web in. Like a plant for the consumer and then something that eats the plant, and then something that eats the thing that east the plant. Plus the scavenger.

9. Hikaru_Youkai

Yeah, but I'm having trouble coming up with the animals... Like, what animal in the rainforest eats a monkey? o.o

(Get on AIM, Himeko. >.<)

10. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

Wikipedia it. I'm sure you can find food webs you can use. Or animals to point you in the right direction.

(I am.)