• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

the 2018 mlb official day

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
what is your favorite team? and also the team you dislike as well

to those who follow baseball whether tv, internet, or newspapers should know what is their favorite team so i would like to ask a few quick questions anyone wants to answer.

1 who is your favorite team of the 2018 season this year? why do you like this team? for what reason do you have?

2 do you have other teams you also like? maybe just in case your team is having a bad year. for example you like the kansas city royals. but you also like the cleveland indians and colorado as 2 other teams you may root for during the year. if you have any other team to along with your top names the other teams you like also and the reason why you also like them.
3 name all teams in mlb you dislike for any reason whatsoever and the reason why you don't like this team and or teams in the mlb 2018 season beginning soon at the end of march

try to answer all 3 questions if you can. this gives everyone an idea what is your likes and dislikes of baseball teams. ok who would like to answer first?

it's time for baseball discussion official opening day soon. play ball

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Favourite team: Toronto Blue Jays – have been following them since 1993.

The team I hate the most: Boston Red Sox – love their history, their ballpark, however, I hate the team itself.

I don’t really like any other teams, per se, but I do not mind the Washington Nationals because Bryce Harper is my favourite player in the league. In addition, I love Stephen Strasburg.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
(1) St Louis Cardinals are my favorite. I've lived in St Louis my entire life (1982) so there was really no other team for me to root for. I actually was able to get a job with them and spent 7 years working for the team. I was there when we won the World Series in 2006 and 2011 and was the official scorer of the 2009 Home Run Derby. It was amazing.

(2) There are a few who I like but the #2 for me is the Oakland Athletics. I loved their colors as a kid and McGwire and Canseco were doing things nobody in STL was doing. I also like the Colorado Rockies as Todd Helton is my favorite player ever. There are a few others who are fine but those are the biggest ones.

(3) As far as disliking...the Chicago Cubs are #1 and the Boston Red Sox are #2. Cubs because of the rivalry with the Cardinals the Red Sox because a they've beaten us in 2004 and 2013 and overall the fans are hot garbage. I use to hate the Yankees more but my hatred for them has slowed. The Dodgers are probably #3

Konshentz

Konshentz
I am not a huge fan, but I have definitely watched more baseball over the past 2-3 years than I have since I was much younger. Haha.

1.) Red Sox. I was trying to get into baseball, I needed a team and this was my friend's favorite team. She had me watch a handful or so of games and I actually started to like a few of the players. Betts, Bradley Jr. & Bogaerts have kept me tuning back in. I also like Joe Kelly for some reason, too. Haha. I also agree that most Red Sox fans are absolute dumpster fires. Thankfully the chick I watch it with is not. So that's good. Haha.

2.) Eh, not really. My favorite player was David Justice, so back in the late 90s I had some Indians gear and rooted for them. If the Soxs don't make the playoffs or get bounced early, I will pick a team from each league and roll.

3.) Hmmm. I don't think I dislike any team.... yet. Gun to my head, maybe I enjoy watching the Yankees lose more than any other team.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
1. I've been a Houston Astros fan since the mid 70's. I grew up and live in Texas, and they have been my team since day one. My dad went to the first game ever played in the old Astrodome. I try to make at least one game a year at Minute Maid. Last year I saw two games in early July against the Yankees. I spent too much time there when I was in law school. Saw a crapload of games.

2. I have always like the Boston Red Sox. I also like the St. Louis Cardinals. When the Astros and the Cards were both in the NL Central, I always appreciated the rivalry. The Cards usually had the better team, but they were always interesting down the stretch.

3. I don't like the Texas Rangers. Never have. I don't like the Brewers for whatever reason. I also don't like the Angels or the Marlins. Also not a fan of the Yankees.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
What I love about the game the most it’s his history. Since about 2005, I have been studying the history of baseball. There is so much to learn. So many colourful players from the early 1900s. In the last two years or so I have ready about 25 baseball books of former players, owners, managers, even the first American League President, Ban Johnson. And I do not plan on stopping any time soon

My favourite study is Babe Ruth. He’s my idol and I am kind of obsess with him. I have a wall dedicated to him in my room. I’ve ready five books about him, talked to historians about him and listened many videos and read many news clippings about when he was playing. What a life.

CubsMascot

Registered Member
Well I guess you can tell by my usernamer who my favorite team is... Chicago Cubs...
As far as disliking...the Chicago Cubs are #1
Let's try to keep this year civil when the Cubs win again ;) All kidding aside believe it or not I also like the Cardinals second for one reason.. i like anything Cardinals because that was my Mom's favorite bird and I whistle like them... It's not a deep like but I aslo like the Chicago White Sox..
When the Cubs and White Sox play each other of course I go for the Cubs..But living in the Chicago I win either way :cool: #3 Toronto Blue Jays because they are the only Canadian team.

As for teams I dislike..#1 Milwaukee Brewers.. that's the rival I can't stand. #2 San Francisco Giants I never liked them just a vibe I get.

Going to be an interesting year...Wait to see what happens.. The Cubs and I will see you in the 2018 Series:D

EdgeHead

Registered Member
1) Favorite: Blue Jays

2) Hate the most: those goddamn Yankees

3) For the dislikes, I'd probably say Royals at #1, Rangers at #2 (both related to the last Jays' playoffs runs)...#3 is a tough one for me, probably the Rays because it's been so frustrating to see Jays-Rays games in the past few seasons.

AmericanMusic

Registered Member
I'm a Blue Jays fan and my girlfriend is a Cubs fan. We would want Josh Donaldson to stay on the Blue Jays but by next year he might not be there because he is asking for too much money now. I do hate John Atkins the GM though I think he is making bad choices for picking players for the team. He gave up Joe Smith probably the best relief pitcher they had last year for 2 players that ended up not being that good anyways.

Joe Biangini should not even be on the team. He didn't even win one third of the games. That's why I started picking back up teams to root for because it was not the players fault but the manager.

My back up teams are the Orioles because I started following them with the Blue Jays in 2016 race. Next is the Colorado Rockies because my Dad and his his adopted grandfather plus a friend live there. The Oakland Athletics because I live in Hayward which is 2 cities over. The Tampa Bay Rays because it reminds me of the sun rays. And Florida Marlins because it sort of reminds me of the Miami Dolphins.

My dislikes are the NY Yankees because they won too many World Series. The Brewers ..because why should baseball players be drinking beer even in between games? The SF Giants because I hate the way the Bay area people keep bragging about them. The Reds and Red Sox because I don't like the color red much. Last the Braves because I can't stand the chanting they do. It's very annoying.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I am not a fan of Atkins, either. I agree, I think that Donaldson is a goner after this season. The Blue Jays will not offer him the money he desires. If the Blue Jays are not contending by the trade deadline, you do everything in your power to trade him. The good thing, though, is that they have two big prospects waiting in the wings. One of them is Vlad Guerrero Jr.

He’s one of the most touted prospects in the Major Leagues today. Some say that he may be even better than his dad, which is saying a lot. He’s about a year away. Then there’s Bo Bichette, who is also about a year away. Future looks semi-bright at the end of the tunnel.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Babe_Ruth Wrestling 6
Babe_Ruth Baseball 12
Babe_Ruth Baseball 35
Babe_Ruth Baseball 75
Babe_Ruth Baseball 46