• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

The 14-year old commits a suicide.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
14-Year-Old Throws Himself In Front Of Tractor Trailer After Years Of Gay Bullying

Another devastating loss.

Brandon Bitner, a 14 year old boy from Snyder County, Pennsylvania, ended up his life on Friday night by stepping in front of a tractor-trailer rig after enduring years of relentless bullying.

In a note written beforehand, he revealed that he didn't have it in him to endure another four years of being called a "faggot" and "sissy" at his high school.
source: PerezeHilton.com

I've read thousands of stories like this that have happened lately.
I'm really sorry for what these young kids had to go through and end their lives like this.

Last edited:

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
This has gotten beyond ridiculous...

Schools and people involved not only need to address bullying itself, but the parents that perpetuate homophobic/anti-LGBTQ attitudes as acceptable. Kids (even in high school) don't create this kind of hate on their own....it comes from older generations. The cycle has to be broken.

BigBob

Registered Member
This has gotten beyond ridiculous...

Schools and people involved not only need to address bullying itself, but the parents that perpetuate homophobic/anti-LGBTQ attitudes as acceptable. Kids (even in high school) don't create this kind of hate on their own....it comes from older generations. The cycle has to be broken.
We can't bring parents into this because if you check the news channels, just recently a parent stood up for his little girl who has cerebral palsy just got a $1,000 fine, community service and put on probation for a couple of months. Keep in mind this is a guy who just flipped out on the kids, didn't touch anybody, just protecting his girl.

So I don't think it matters what parents say in this issue either.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
We can't bring parents into this because if you check the news channels, just recently a parent stood up for his little girl who has cerebral palsy just got a $1,000 fine, community service and put on probation for a couple of months. Keep in mind this is a guy who just flipped out on the kids, didn't touch anybody, just protecting his girl.

So I don't think it matters what parents say in this issue either.
I mean in regards to what parents are teaching their children at home, not to what they're saying at school, to teachers, etc.

It's not something that can be regulated, but it's about time for parents to become more responsible for how they can prevent bullying in the first place.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have been wanting to start a thread about bullying, but didn't know where to begin.
Every day on the news and at school, we hear of a new story about bullying.
Some poor child dies....some parent jumps on a bus and starts shouting.
It's ridiculous!
The parents of the bullies, say it's not their kids' fault...and the parents of the kids being bullied say it's not their kids' fault.
Somebody has to do something.

MindoverMaster

Registered Member
I got bullied in school as well. It was never to the extreme. I had a lot of friends, too, that would defend me. I was rarely alone.

oxyMORON

A Darker Knight
Yeah these kinds of stories are just maddening. And the sad thing is, the bullies are only in middle school. They don't even realize how much of an impact they've made, and even with this story, the full extent of the situation probably won't kick in until they're much older.

I place a huge part of the blame on immaturity, and unfortunately, there's no way to prevent that. There are some things kids can't grasp, no matter how often and early they're told.

Diederick

Registered Member
If there is anything that makes me feel powerless, sad to the deepest parts of my soul and angry in a very dark way; it is gay teen suicides. And not even or just because I am gay myself, but because it is so stupid that this happens. To think that young, usually very sensitive and good natured youngsters are killing themselves because of the complete lunacy the society around them is engaged in; blows my mind.

I can't see how society keeps on rolling without acknowledging that this is a problem directly caused by them. The unwillingness of people to recognize variations in sexuality and gender (transgendered individuals have an even higher suicide rate than homosexuals) as natural and innate is causing this tedious pain. Bullying itself will probably always exist, but the problem is that these youngsters have nowhere to go, where others will undoubtedly find support in family and friends, gays usually walk around with their pain as a secret, afraid of telling anyone - perhaps especially the people they care about most, in fear of upsetting them.

Marriage equality and positive representation in media are good ways to improve the public image of homosexuality. And really, people can hold their personal beliefs, but I think when those beliefs start driving people to suicide it is time to either shut up about your stupid ideas or die in a fire. The people who think gays need to get therapy or are in other ways spreading hate need to be sterilized, stripped of voting rights and be lobotomised.

Mariselle

Registered Member
This has gotten to the point of copy cat suicides. What is wrong with our society when children feel the desperation that gets them to this point? The root of it not only lies with the children that taunt and belittle but also with the parents who rear these children.

Dekzper

Registered Member
I saw and heard the "parent" thing! That happens period! Sample convo:
Dad: Get that kid! F**k with him! We dont need his kind around here!
I've seen and heard that more than once and that's basically what's said. They thought I was totally straight since I never back down from a fight. And I guess I do act totally straight. Surprise! I'm bi! But people know NOT to f**k with me!
Btw, if anyone wants to know about how a lot of schools feel about it, check this:
Christians Support Beating The Gay Out Of Students Reality Bong
They're not ignoring the issue, they're fighting for bullying to continue!
Kids needa get tuff. But if they can't, they d**n sure deserve a chance to live! Well, I'd slam anyone that tried to slam one of my friends and maybe that's the only thing my country understands! And one thing 4 sure, they wont find me in the list of teen suicides!