The 10 most underpaid athletes in professional sports

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Babe_Ruth, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

2. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Lebron James? Only $16 mil a year? Give me a fucking break.

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I know I was surprised that he was on the list. But I think the reason he's there is because on his next contract he'll probably be making around 25-30 million a season.

4. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

The James one is ridiculous...and most of those guys will make their money...they are just too young right now.

Linecum and Reynolds for example...just wait, their paydays are coming.

5. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

Do they have a list for overpaid athletes as well, 'cause I can name 10 right off the back who deserve it. But Adrian Peterson only making <$3 million?

6. Unity

Unity #AllTogetherNowSTL Staff Member

I'm about to enter Social Work to try and seriously help people during rough times of their lives. I'm only going to make around $35,000 a year at first. It's hard for me to have sympathy for these guys, lol.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Yeaaaaaaahh.

Those were my exact thoughts. I guess Yahoo Sports has never heard the definition of "endorsement".

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

My thoughts exactly.

or "standard of living" for that matter. If I made 16 million for just 1 year... I'd be set for life. "Underpayed' my ass.

9. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

None of these guys are hurting for cash, that's for damn sure. Even Mark Reynolds, who "only" makes $422,000. He may be making close to MLB minimum wage, but he's still in the top 1% of income in the U.S.

10. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

haha yeah life must be so hard for them only making 400,000 dollars. I mean, not to mention travel and food being picked up by the team among other things.