That's it!! I'm leaving, GeneralForum!!

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by PretzelCorps, Jan 22, 2009.

1. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

...but only for a week. (details) :p

What I want to know in this topic regards those threads that always seem to pop up in almost every single forum/social network on the web:

"Y do all u assshols hat me so much?? Screw u guyz im goin forver!!!!!!"

How do they make you feel? How do you react to them? Compassion? Aggression? What about those 50% that make these threads, and then come back in two days to make another one? What do you suppose drives someone to do something like this?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I don't give them any thought what so ever because most of the time the people who do that, A) come back like you mentioned and B) are just wanting more attention.

3. Kriistineeee

Kriistineeee Registered Member

All they want is attention. I just ignore them.

4. KiethBlackLion

KiethBlackLion Registered Member

I agree, they are just attention cravers. I usually ignore them or merely post something like "see ya".

5. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

I honestly don't read those and could care less what their reason is. Most of the time the OP either comes back or never leaves, so I find them pointless and pay them no attention.

6. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

Some have a case, some don't. As for quitting and returning, people get angry and cool off later. It's not really an Internet phenomenon, just human nature. *shrug*

Best of luck with your training/testing.

Btw, your use of double exclamation marks was a dead giveaway that this thread was going to be something other than a sincere declaration of membership suicide. This is just the editor in me sharing an observation.

7. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I read them, but if it is just for attention I wont give a crap about it.

8. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

The username is what surprised me about the thread. As soon as I read the title I was like, "oh boy . . wait, oh it's Pretzel WAIT why is he leaving? Ah okay, good."

9. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

My hopes have just been shattered:(

10. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I dont usually give them a second thought.
    I'll look at the thread to see why the user would be leaving and if I have an opinion on it then I'll post it. If I dont then I will just ignore it till it goes away.
    If a user makes a thread like that then leaves and comes back after a few days I don't really think anything about it except "Well that was a waste of time"