• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

That one year in music

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
The one with most of your favorite songs. The one you feel most at home returning to in your mind when you hear the songs.

The one you'd choose if you could listen to songs only from one particular year for the rest of your life.

What year would it be?

PS: If you're going to list a year, at least list a couple of your favorite songs from that year or a couple of the best albums that were released.

Dabs

Registered Member
I can't list a couple of songs that I know for sure were released THAT particular year, but I can tell you the best year for music, for me, anyway. I know a lot of the songs that were playing on the radio, and a lot I listened to and jammed to and 'cruised' to!
That would be the year 1983. It was the best for me because I divorced my first husband in early 1983, and in that summer of 1983, I had the most fun, and acted like such a slut *haha*- and the music that I listened to, is some I listen to still, to this day.
Duran Duran- Hungry Like The Wolf
ToTo- I'll Be Over You
ToTo- Africa
Def Lepperd- Photograph
Fleetwood Mac- Hold Me
Golden Earring- Twilight Zone
There are others, but shoot, I can't recall some of them at the moment.

But cripes, it got ruined come late 1983, when like a dumbass, I married husband number two. Well, the music never got ruined, just my fun days :)

Bramaca

Registered Member
I can't really narrow it down to a single year but more along the lines of a time period of 2 and half to 3 years, 94-96. Some of my favorite albums came out around this time along with a lot of music from differnt genres that I liked as well. Also some of the best music from some of my favorite bands.

Not in order of favorites

Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies
Green Day - Dookie
Beck - Mellow Gold and Odelay
NIN - The Downward Spiral
Soundgarden - Superunknown
Our Lady Peace - Naveed
Live - Throwing Copper
Weezer - the blue album
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication
Stone Temple Pilots - Purple and Tiny Music
Manic Street Preachers - Everything Must Go
Bush - Sixteen Stone
Sublime - Robbin the Hood and their self titled album
Pulp Fiction soundtrack
Radiohead - The Bends
Collective Soul - self titled
The Tea Party - Edges of Twighlight
Alanis Morrisette - Jagged Little Pill
Presidents of the United States
Shania Twain - The Woman in Me
Garbage - self titled
Blind Melon - Soup
Oasis - Morning Glory
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom
Marilyn Manson - Smells Like Children and Antichrist Superstar
The Smashing Pumpkins - Melon Collie and Infinate Sadness
The Fugees - The Score
Sloan - Twice Removed and One Chord to Another
Rage Against the Machine - Evil Empire

There were plenty of other bands that had some great stuff out at the time as well like The Offspring, Ween, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Notorious BIG, Tupac, the Cranberries, The Roots, White Zombie, Eveclear, Foo Fighters, Ben Folds Five, Incubus, The Verve Pipe, Type O Negative, Faith No More, etc.

Also some good greatest hits like Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Bruce Springsteen, Michael Jackson HIStory, Def Leppard, The Beatles Anthology, and Poison.

Yeah, Iwould have to say that 2 to 3 year time period would be my favorite.