That hit the spot

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by icegoat63, Jan 29, 2010.

1. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

Ever have a meal that was exactly as you craved and exactly as you imagined and just was an experience all on its own? The kind you sit back after you've devoured it and think to yourself....wow.

I just had a turkey sandwich that I thought was orgasmic. Earlier this morning I had a craving for a Deli made Turkey sandwhich on a rustic italian bread. So for lunch I ventured on to the local supermarket, headed to the deli inside and bought my sandwich. For lunch, as I ate it I believe I glowed more than a pregnant woman. It was fantastic.

have you ever had the luxury of a food experience that for lack of better words was "perfect"?

Boredie likes this.

2. Jeanie

Jeanie still nobody's bitch V.I.P. Lifetime

When I was pregnant I wasn't allowed to eat smoked salmon, so after my daughter was born, my brother brought a lox & cream cheese bagel to the hospital instead of flowers. I was really hungry too, so that was just about the most perfect food experience I've ever had.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Yes, it rarely happens that something is as good as my expectations make it out to be, but the other week I was at the airport, and they had this amazing looking sandwich shop. Everything in there, to my mind looked orgasmic, but there was one sammich that looked more amazing than the others. So I bought it and left it for when I was on the plane, and let my mouth water over it, and my brain tell me that nothing is ever as good as it looks. But when I got round to eating it, it was more amazing than it looked. I've never in my life had a sandwich that good before. Anyway, it was chicken, brie and cranberry sauce in wholemeal bread. God it was good, i'll be going back to that shop for one, that's for sure.

Jeanie likes this.
  4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

Morton's Steakhouse filet mignon. I guess it better be perfect when you're paying $40 for a steak.

5. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I have that feeling whenever I go to my parents for Sunday dinner. They make the best chicken dinner ever. I swear it gets better and better each time I eat it and I have no idea how that's possible as it's always the same.

6. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Oh indeed, it happens to me at least once a week, when I fancy a certain meal, and make/buy it, and oh it is completely worth it, exactly what I wanted!

7. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I think with me I usually just dont care about what I eat. I love eating so I eat everything. Its very very rare that I'm ever really in the mood for something as specific as I was. It just so happened that i knew exactly what I wanted and exactly what I got was what I wanted. A Huge rarity for me :hah:

8. ArnieP

ArnieP Registered Member

Well I wouldn't say I was craaving this certain food but it definately left me with that feeling. I live near Boston and we went into Cambridge to a place called The Miracle of Science on Mass Ave. I got a cheddar burger and it was UNBELIEVABLY good. They have this mystery genious sauce that would probably make anything delicious. It was probably the most satisfyint thing I ever ate. I literally sat there in shock after.

9. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Ovcoarse. I was just thinking "oh yeah, one time when I was pregnant..."

Anyway I couldn't eat for the first 4 months of pregnancy. When I finally could, I craved for gigantic gambas. It was served to me in a restaurant with butter and rice, mmmm. Best meal ever. It almost like a mix of my first and last meal.

10. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I have simple tastes when it comes to food. A good bowl of Campbell's Tomato Soup usually leaves me feeling that way. I usually have it with grilled cheese. Just posting this is putting me in the mood to go make some..